ZD Racing shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I’ve seen someone around here try them out on a granite 4x4 blx to great success. They look well made and look like they can take some abuse. I’ve been looking at them myself for my Senton, stinkin plastic shocks are leaky only on this one truck ??‍♂️

If they are the same as the ZD part number 8001 and 8002 shocks they should be good, just a little long and need something on the shaft to take out some travel.

If they are the same as the ZD part number 8001 and 8002 shocks they should be good, just a little long and need something on the shaft to take out some travel.
110mm front 130mm rear eye to eye! How do you shorten the travel?

110mm front 130mm rear eye to eye! How do you shorten the travel?
Install a spacer however long you want below the piston on the shaft before you insert the threaded end through the shock body. The spacer keeps the shaft from extending all the way down when the piston comes down by basically sandwiching itself between the piston and the bottom of the shock body. Nitro fuel tube is usually what I've seen people use for this but you can use extra o-rings, nylon tubing, etc. I myself 3D print rubber tubes for this.

Last edited:
I think I remember something about these shocks here on the forum but could be wrong. A good way to search for the best posts in this instance is using the shocks query and adding @slick2500 in the "by member" section. Reason I say this is because Slick is a proven shocks authority and has provided countless useful info. Any shocks thread hes participated in will show in the search results.

Just checked the link 26usd a set
Idk what kind of crack you ate
Man, the 6s Typhon shocks are supposed to be the fix all for 3s blx and sure enough proven. $100 on a $300 truck is crazy talk for a basher setup. They're the winning go-to for folks that can swing it.
I don't blame the man for looking for an out because bashing is still breaking shocks here and there and I'd rather break cheap stuff too. I bought some ebay specials that are $40 a full set and never looked back. Plus I don't want to service my 3s shocks. I just want them to land right and not leak so I can spend time on 6s rigs.

Hey everyone, brand new here, been around the hobby for a long time, but new to the Arrma Community - was wondering, I heard you can go with the larger Big Bore Aluminum Shocks that are for the 1/8 Typhon but fit the Granite BLX? Heard the one's that are made to fit the Granite could be a bit short? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BIG-BORE-A...474423?hash=item4215bbdb37:g:qOgAAOSwZ15dm0uu

Hey everyone, brand new here, been around the hobby for a long time, but new to the Arrma Community - was wondering, I heard you can go with the larger Big Bore Aluminum Shocks that are for the 1/8 Typhon but fit the Granite BLX? Heard the one's that are made to fit the Granite could be a bit short? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BIG-BORE-A...474423?hash=item4215bbdb37:g:qOgAAOSwZ15dm0uu
I own a set of these and they are OK, but rather skinny and just not as nice as the 6S shocks. I have them in a bag somewhere. If you want them, cover the postage and they’re yours. PM me if you really want them and I will get you a price on postage. Flat rate priority mail should be <$8

I’ve seen on the Forums where a lot of people are going with the big bore. I don’t have any personal experience with them myself. I’m running Typhon 6s on my Granite and changing the shocks on my Big Rock to the HoBao 1/8 scale. I did upgrade my stock shocks with the Hot Racing bodies. Skinny, but worked well and didn’t leak a bit.
B977108F-E5CD-4EF2-8E33-8E5563CD0852.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back