Granite ZD shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActionRc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello, I saw a lot of people using these shocks for the granite. Also, I found a tutorial on how to install them here is the link
. Are these shocks durable and reliable? My stock ones are leaking like crazy from the granny and I don't want to rebuild the shocks.

Most guys don't bother rebuilding the stocks ones when they leak/break, and they always do.. A lot of guys retro Arrma 6S shocks for that platform. Not familiar with ZD. How is support for ZD? Are parts easily available for rebuilding them? I don't know.:unsure:

Most guys don't bother rebuilding the stocks ones when they leak/break, and they always do.. A lot of guys retro Arrma 6S shocks for that platform. Not familiar with ZD. How is support for ZD? Are parts easily available for rebuilding them? I don't know.:unsure:
Thanks but i don't want to spen 100$ on shocks

I don't blame you. JennysRC has Arrma 6S shocks of your suitable size for maybe half that $$. ZD may end up being throw away shocks/ perhaps not rebuildable with readily available parts. Think long term here on your investment whatever you choose?:unsure: Hopefully others with the ZD shocks will chime in and give better advice?:cool:

ZD racing shocks are great for the price, you can literally break a couple pairs and throw them in the trash for the price of 1 set of 6s shocks. With that being said the ZD shock shafts are the weak point and I managed to bend the rears after a couple of full throttle runs at the skate park on hard landings.

It’s sad to think that there’s stock issues all over and guys are tossing perfectly good shocks cause they can’t take the time to do an easy (and cheap) rebuild.

ZD racing shocks are great for the price, you can literally break a couple pairs and throw them in the trash for the price of 1 set of 6s shocks. With that being said the ZD shock shafts are the weak point and I managed to bend the rears after a couple of full throttle runs at the skate park on hard landings.
So are you tossing your shocks and re-buying them when the shafts bend? Do you attempt to straighten them even though its next to impossible to get it straight? Does ZD sell all the parts for them??

So are you tossing your shocks and re-buying them when the shafts bend? Do you attempt to straighten them even though its next to impossible to get it straight? Does ZD sell all the parts for them??
So what is the best arrma 6s shocks for granite BLX not the typhon ones

What size length and stroke shock are you looking for?

If you cant afford the $70. for Typhon 6S shocks or don't want to retrofit them to a Granite, just rebuild the stock ones so they don't leak. All shocks leak at some point. Some more than others. Some out the box when new. Rebuild them. Learn about shocks.

Edit: buy some Green Slime from TA and buy some shock oil. Go to town.

Last edited:
I use HSP 81002 + 81003 shocks and i like them. For 14$ only. Handles great and don't leak. Chassis slopping much less than stock, so i can bashing without scary noises "slap! boom! bang!". Theme about shocks are nearby on the forum.

I replaced my shafts with arrma 3.5 mm v2 I believe. No problem since. I run them on a kraton 4s

Attachments

• 3D03800F-1A57-416D-AE5B-D5FB603D04BA.jpeg
    3D03800F-1A57-416D-AE5B-D5FB603D04BA.jpeg
    288.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 426B04C1-2CE3-4648-9C78-F80E0D4E5811.jpeg
    426B04C1-2CE3-4648-9C78-F80E0D4E5811.jpeg
    284.6 KB · Views: 71
I dismantled the shocks and utilized the shock caps for my Tekno Mt410 since factory ones are plastic. I since have upgraded my 3s rigs to typhon 6s shocks with stiffer TEKNO springs. In my opinion ZD racing shocks are at a price point where you just buy a new set when they break.

XD's are throwaway shocks. Got it.
At half the kitted price of Arrma shocks, might as well buy 8 XD's for when they crap out. Are the ZD's comparable in performance at all. Do they leak? I am very new to throw away shocks. Chinese RC upgrade products and most of their products in general are made cheaper and meant to be disposable...so you keep buying them...good for repeated business I guess. Its rooted in their culture. Make it cheaper and all will come. Then justify rebuying them when they break because they are SO cheap and keep buying? An Asian cultural business model. It costs too much to make a quality product and have future support.
But at some point the break even point gets lop sided. So the argument can go the other way. Get a better quality part and spend less in the long run. In the short run looks like a bargain to some. Just not to me because I've had a long 30+ year run with surface RC thus far. I don't like to deal with shocks that have no parts support. Shocks that although cheap to replace, become a nuisance when they break too often. That is subjective, and others may feel differently.
PL let me down in this regard with $100. Crawler shocks. The shocks I purchased had no parts support less than a year after its release. And they leaked out the gate. Leaked just sitting on the shelf. PL had them back and could not figure it out. I asked for new O-rings and parts trees to rebuild them. They had none anymore. No more support for these outsourced Chinese shocks that they rebranded PL with poor QC .They became $100. throw away shocks real fast. PL just offered me a 50% off on their site. Big deal.
Just posing the other side of the argument for throwaway shocks among other parts as well. We all make our own decisions and have to live with them.:cool:

Last edited:
Anyone consider using Traxxasss shocks???? or is that taboo?? :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back