Talion Zee 6S Lipo a good choice ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FriedOne

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
Hi Guys,
Looking to pick up a 6S lipo for my Talion. I have only been running Spektrum batteries in my vehicles.
Never used the Zee brand before. Thought I would ask whether it is a good choice. Zee 6S 6000 mAH 100C with IC5 connector.
Thanks.

Hi Guys,
Looking to pick up a 6S lipo for my Talion. I have only been running Spektrum batteries in my vehicles.
Never used the Zee brand before. Thought I would ask whether it is a good choice. Zee 6S 6000 mAH 100C with IC5 connector.
Thanks.
Have the same pack I use in my Outcast 6s/ Never had an issue with it, been using it for over a year.

Hi Guys,
Thanks.
Have 3 Zeee packs here. Far from my best Lipos. But the price is not tragic. Get what you pay for I imagine?
You already paid beaucoup for your ""Smart Spektrum Lipos, why not look to $better$ "Dumb" lipos?
Not hating Zeee's at all. Just that there are better options/performance for the $$. Buy the better lipo regardless of the connector it comes with. Opens you up to a better selection of lipos out there. And just solder on your own EC5 connectors. How I do it using my preferred XT 90's.
BTW, Zeee's only come with compatible EC5's, Not IC5's. FWIW. Last I seen.
IC5's are the Smart connectors found only on the Spektrum Lipos. A HH/Spektrum patent.
IC5 and EC5's being physically compatible with each other. Just not Smart compatible, feature wise, Telem wise.

Last edited:
If you want a value/budget-oriented battery, Zeee are a good choice. They'll get you going for (typically) far less than more expensive brands. Stick to the higher C ratings (80+) Zee batteries as they'll give you the better results, IME. If you want amazing performance, don't buy them. But if you want a reasonably good battery at a reasonably good price, look no further.

Last edited:
+1
Again, not hating Zeee's, Just there are better out there. Yeah, more C the better, generally the higher the price. Mah Capacity also factors into the C rating. Actual results always vary from one brand to the next. C rating is not a precise number. Often over rated for marketting reasons. Not an industry regulated Spec. Just a loose way of judging what you are getting for the $$. Best to compare C ratings from within a brands line. Not from one brand to the next. Safe to look to 60c and higher. 100c is always my target if my wallet allows. Just that C ratings are not a definitive way to buy.
A brand that matches their cells closely using grade A cells is usually the winner. Cheaper lipos use subpar poorly matched Cells for a lower pricepoint. And that may suit many buyers as well. Longevity and performance just becomes shortlived. From my exper.
For my 3s Crawlers and TC's the Zeee's are great. (y) For bashing, my 6s Brick Zeee's, are not the best.
I've been leaning to Ace of Gens and CNHL's lately. Cost more.

Last edited:
I have 6 zees and can say they are very good mid range lipo's. Definitely worth the price point imo.
I plan on buying batteries from here next. https://rcbattery.com/
This is a new company that I believe is a guy that broke off from a big brand were he worked. To that knowledge to get us better batteries from what I hear but I have yet to get them so time will tell. Reviews are solid so far.

Awesome feed back as usual. I don't usually like to scimp out on my lipos. I don't own a single 6S and would like to have one just from it having less resistance as there will be less cables in the line. Also on my Talion I always have to fight to get the body down as there are now two sets of cables when running 2x3s batts. I seen a link for Ovonic lipos here on the forum and checked out their site. Batteries look very promising I ordered two 6S 120C 5000 mAH but it said it cannot deliver to my address. Free shipping to USA, Canada and UK. Contacted their site and was told I need to order from their Canada warehouse but they have no stock right now. Go figure. Hence me looking at Zee's on Amazon. A 6S 100C 5000mah Spektrum Smart LiPo sells for $300 CND +tx. I refuse to pay that much for a 6S lipo.

Awesome feed back as usual. I don't usually like to scimp out on my lipos. I don't own a single 6S and would like to have one just from it having less resistance as there will be less cables in the line. Also on my Talion I always have to fight to get the body down as there are now two sets of cables when running 2x3s batts. I seen a link for Ovonic lipos here on the forum and checked out their site. Batteries look very promising I ordered two 6S 120C 5000 mAH but it said it cannot deliver to my address. Free shipping to USA, Canada and UK. Contacted their site and was told I need to order from their Canada warehouse but they have no stock right now. Go figure. Hence me looking at Zee's on Amazon. A 6S 100C 5000mah Spektrum Smart LiPo sells for $300 CND +tx. I refuse to pay that much for a 6S lipo.
Here's a link to the CHNL web site. Using a calculator that converts USD to Canadian dollars, you can get batteries for less than 300 Canadian.

https://chinahobbyline.com/collecti...filter.p.m.my_fields.voltage_v_01=22.2V-22.8V

I have Zee, Socokin and PowerHobby batteries. I would say my Socokin and Zee are pretty comparable in performance with the edge going to Socokin for the price. don't waste your money on PowerHobby batteries. Another good option is some Yowoo graphene batteries.

Yowoo 5000mAh 6s with ec5 connectors

I switched over to the Zeee 3S 80C batteries and they seem fine.

I have 10 zee batteries, 8 3s and 2 2s. All hard packs.

4 of 3s are 80c 7200 mah packs, the rest are 80c 5200 mah packs. I've only had one 3s catch a bad cell. The rest are still going strong. Some of them are over a year old.

I'm sure there is better batteries for racing and speed runs but for bashing and crashing they work great for me.

ZEEE, Ovonic are both good mid-range batteries. Spectrum battery is more intelligent and convenient.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back