Kraton The Kraton love is back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razz007

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
As some of you know , my Kraton has been changed many times . But now , she’s back …. Again, hopefully to stay in one piece , dry weather only . Still on my first EXB chassis …. The rest

New motor
New quicrun G2 ESC
New KT ecoboost servo
New Kraton shocks
New Kraton arms and hubs
New EXB centre diff . Not locked as I normally do
New rear diff from big rock
Plus a lot more V2 parts from last build
Got a new body n wing sitting here

The grass is dry n full of grip . But the Kraton is back . Thank gord for that
IMG_0897.jpeg
IMG_0898.jpeg
IMG_0901.jpeg
IMG_0895.jpeg

I would love to get my Kraton 6s V5 out for a good run, but it's pouring down rain today. My backyard is part dirt and part grass, and it's going to take some time before it dries out enough to get the Kraton out for a run. :(

Here's a list of the mods I've done to my Kraton:

ARRMA aluminum and steel center diff case
HR aluminum gearbox (complete), front and rear
Scorched Parts 7075 aluminum front and rear hinge pin mounts
M2C Racing front shock tower
M2C Racing rear shock tower
ARRMA EXB shock standoffs
M2C Racing aluminum front chassis brace
M2C Racing aluminum rear chassis brace
HR aluminum servo mount
Powerhobby 729MBL servo
HR aluminum 25T servo arm with fixed link
Treal 7075 aluminum bellcranks
HR aluminum steering blocks
HR aluminum rear axle carriers
Ram Jam Racing titanium wheel hexes and nuts
TRB RC ceramic hybrid wheel bearings
Castle Mamba Monster X 8s ESC
Castle 1717 1650kv sensored motor
Tekno 20T Mod 1 hardened steel pinion gear
PPS aluminum motor mount, diff support, and diff top plate
PPS aluminum switch mount for Castle Monster X 8s ESC
Dboots Backflip 6s tires
HR wheelie bar with ball bearing wheels
Arrma Super Basher Front Bumper
RPM rear skid plate
Generic rear mud guards

Don’t jump it I said to myself . She was airbourne shortly after 😁 , I put the camera in the wrong place , apologies for dark photos , but she did great , I forgot to put the motor support in , so now I have a whine in the middle 😂 onwards n upwards . Full size copperheads used as I popped out onto the rather rough field . Ragging the truck thru the field was great fun

IMG_0954.png

IMG_0959.png
IMG_0957.png
IMG_0962.png
IMG_0966.png
IMG_0961.png

Spot the Kraton ? And the pheasant watching too 😎 what totally brilliant afternoon with the truck
IMG_0967.png
IMG_0969.png

I would love to get my Kraton 6s V5 out for a good run, but it's pouring down rain today. My backyard is part dirt and part grass, and it's going to take some time before it dries out enough to get the Kraton out for a run. :(

Here's a list of the mods I've done to my Kraton:

ARRMA aluminum and steel center diff case
HR aluminum gearbox (complete), front and rear
Scorched Parts 7075 aluminum front and rear hinge pin mounts
M2C Racing front shock tower
M2C Racing rear shock tower
ARRMA EXB shock standoffs
M2C Racing aluminum front chassis brace
M2C Racing aluminum rear chassis brace
HR aluminum servo mount
Powerhobby 729MBL servo
HR aluminum 25T servo arm with fixed link
Treal 7075 aluminum bellcranks
HR aluminum steering blocks
HR aluminum rear axle carriers
Ram Jam Racing titanium wheel hexes and nuts
TRB RC ceramic hybrid wheel bearings
Castle Mamba Monster X 8s ESC
Castle 1717 1650kv sensored motor
Tekno 20T Mod 1 hardened steel pinion gear
PPS aluminum motor mount, diff support, and diff top plate
PPS aluminum switch mount for Castle Monster X 8s ESC
Dboots Backflip 6s tires
HR wheelie bar with ball bearing wheels
Arrma Super Basher Front Bumper
RPM rear skid plate
Generic rear mud guards
Now that’s a list , I always liked the V5 but never got one 🤔 but good Jenny’s can make the exb , anything you like 🍻

Last edited:
As some of you know , my Kraton has been changed many times . But now , she’s back …. Again, hopefully to stay in one piece , dry weather only . Still on my first EXB chassis …. The rest

New motor
New quicrun G2 ESC
New KT ecoboost servo
New Kraton shocks
New Kraton arms and hubs
New EXB centre diff . Not locked as I normally do
New rear diff from big rock
Plus a lot more V2 parts from last build
Got a new body n wing sitting here

The grass is dry n full of grip . But the Kraton is back . Thank gord for that
View attachment 367081View attachment 367082View attachment 367083View attachment 367084
I've put that quicrun combo in my kraton 6s v5. it runs so cool compared to the stock system (y)

Agreed , although I am on a stock motor , it is cooler . Running on grass as I do with a lot of stop / starts helps me cook motors , will try the quicrun version when I do 👍🏻🍻

A gorgeous Sunday morning here in my part of the uk . Wanted to catch the morning dew before the grip returned . The truck was bang on
. Side note . My iPhone 15 pro camera is taking some working out
IMG_1013.jpeg
IMG_1014.jpeg
IMG_1015.jpeg
IMG_1016.jpeg
IMG_1017.jpeg
IMG_1018.jpeg
IMG_1012.jpeg

Agreed , although I am on a stock motor , it is cooler . Running on grass as I do with a lot of stop / starts helps me cook motors , will try the quicrun version when I do 👍🏻🍻

A gorgeous Sunday morning here in my part of the uk . Wanted to catch the morning dew before the grip returned . The truck was bang on
. Side note . My iPhone 15 pro camera is taking some working out View attachment 367316View attachment 367317View attachment 367318View attachment 367319View attachment 367320View attachment 367321View attachment 367315
I've been out this morning with my m2c upgraded kraton 6s and yes it is a lovely morning in the uk :)

Two glorious days of endless fun , endless jumps , loadsa crashes too , broke one shock rod end and that was all . The wing supports work a treat , they’ll stay on forever . Out my go pro on the floor looking up at the sun , even got a super high aircraft in that shot too .🍻
IMG_1056.jpeg
IMG_1049.png
IMG_1051.png
IMG_1053.png
IMG_1050.png
IMG_1055.png
IMG_1057.jpeg

0 I'm not as good as you with the photos your like david bailey ;)
I think I call mine pot luck 👍🏻 film it all and screenshot , I do tend to miss quite a bit 😂 usually with the go pro and me looking in the opposite direction 😁

Got home from work , put the full size copperheads on the truck , 3 x 6s lipo runs later and I melted rear diff , sun gear is melted , the diff case was very hot even after carrying the truck indoors and leaving it a short time , it must have done 100 ham fisted jumps at the weekend , maybe 15-20 lipos thru the truck , so I’ll not complain , new diff coming from Jenny’s at half uk price , spare locked diff going in for this weekend . Yeeeeeeee harrrrrrrrrr . Oh and I’ll go back to the copperhead 2 lp too .
IMG_1061.jpeg

Bits bin diff to the rescue , 80k added to , it’s works , yesssssss

IMG_1063.jpeg

Got home from work , put the full size copperheads on the truck , 3 x 6s lipo runs later and I melted rear diff , sun gear is melted , the diff case was very hot even after carrying the truck indoors and leaving it a short time , it must have done 100 ham fisted jumps at the weekend , maybe 15-20 lipos thru the truck , so I’ll not complain , new diff coming from Jenny’s at half uk price , spare locked diff going in for this weekend . Yeeeeeeee harrrrrrrrrr . Oh and I’ll go back to the copperhead 2 lp too . View attachment 367546
how do you get on with customs and the like getting parts from usa. thought it would end up been more expensive

how do you get on with customs and the like getting parts from usa. thought it would end up been more expensive
I’ve had over 40 orders from Jenny’s and not had a problem yet . If it ever get stops or changed , I’ll jack the hobby cos it’s too expensive in uk

I’ve had over 40 orders from Jenny’s and not had a problem yet . If it ever get stops or changed , I’ll jack the hobby cos it’s too expensive in uk
what I mean is what does it cost for shipping and wot not. and then royal mail charge you as well don't they :unsure:

what I mean is what does it cost for shipping and wot not. and then royal mail charge you as well don't they :unsure:
Oh I see , sorry . It was £47 all in delivered , the diff and housing was 46 ish usd dollars and I paid 11 usd for fast post . That’s it , nought else

Back