'Baja Bug' (Beetle body) For Outcast 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
Hi guys, new here, so go easy on me.

I've had my 6s outcast for a couple of years now, bought second hand. It came with two bodies, a proline ford truck and the original outcast body. I've had fun with the car but want to change up its look at a bit, and kinda got my heart set on a baja bug shell, as i want to build a rep/tribute to the Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, my first rc car back in the early 90's.

I've done some reading on here and noticed a number of people have successfully fitted these shells to their cars, but I can't for the life of me find where to buy one, i'm in the UK. Maybe my google skills could use some work but i can only find 1/10 scale ones for the slash which seem too small to me.

If anyone can find me some links point me in the right direction, etc i'd really appreciate it.

The Outcast wheelbase is the same as the slash, so a slash body could work. I do have a Slash Bug body that I run on my Tekno SCT410. It could fit on my Outcast with only minor issues. One issue will be body mounts, the Outcast mounts are narrow. The rear wing also gets in the way of the "motor" on the body.

Note - my Outcast has the lower Talion shock towers, so for a proper Outcast, the body will sit higher... Also, the body is sitting on the wing in the rear, as noted, you would need to remove either the wing or the rear motor...

20211221_085642.jpg
20211221_085712.jpg

That looks promising, i don't mind altering the body mounts in some manner, or removing the rear wing/rear engine of the shell, i was mostly concerned with the overall sizing. But the way your pictures make it look, it is in scale.

Given how well your 1/10 scale beetle body fitted the outcast, i thought i'd try my original 30 year old 1/10 beetle body.

iDq3yUA.jpg

mWalWuV.jpg

BiZER31.jpg

Not such a good fit unfortunately

And yes, i know i should clean it after a run

Anyone got any pictures of what they did regarding the body posts to fit this shell, and what they used? Help point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

i could do with any suggestions for upgraded body posts in general (for when i swap back to stock body), mine are wrecked, one has a scre snapped off in it, and the others have been overtightened by a previos owner and have no thread left internaly. Or are the stock arma ones considered the go to?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back