Big rock paint design advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Evening all. I'm painting a new design for my big rock (see my wonderful drawing below....!). Ideally I want to paint the pearl white first because it's less masking. If I make sure it's properly backed, can I avoid paint bleed or am I just being lazy??

Screenshot_20210212-184118.jpg

Normally it's the dark colours first to avoid darkening the lighter colours with any overspray. If you do the white first it'll need masking to avoid the overspray effect.

Normally it's the dark colours first to avoid darkening the lighter colours with any overspray. If you do the white first it'll need masking to avoid the overspray effect.
I thought that was the case but wanted to check. It now means more making! Thanks for the advice.

I would spray the white last as an overcoat to everything as it will help your colors pop more. ( I typed this this morning and forgot to hit send!) DOH! :banghead:

Try liquid mask instead of tape, it is supposed to be easier to use.

I would spray the white last as an overcoat to everything as it will help your colors pop more. ( I typed this this morning and forgot to hit send!) DOH! :banghead:
Also good advice. Just waiting for the body to arrive then can start my next lockdown project. Plus it's minus 10 in the UK at the moment so I'm definitely not going out anywhere!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back