Granite BLX100 combo or Max10 SCT 3200kV combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacparry

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite Mega
I am doing preemptive research for the inevitable brushless conversion for my and my son's V3 Granite Mega.

After a ton of reading on the forum, I've narrowed it down to the stock BLX100 setup from Jenny's RC or the Hobbywing Max10 SCT 3200kV setup.

38010200 Max10 SCT ESC Combo with 3660SL 3200kV Sensorless Motor https://a.co/3PMdnLL

My choice boils down to is the Max10 SCT combo worth the extra $60 per truck in terms of cogging and durability/life. I am ok with going with a lower pinion since my son is 10 and anything over 30 MPH is just going to lead to broken parts.

We're currently running 2s on Traxxas Titan brushed motors right now and will likely stay with 2s for him and I may upgrade to 3s in the future.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Yes. I went down the blx100 road when i converted my mega. After frying it i went max10sct and have no regrets. Although it does seem to run a touch hotter

Hands down the Max10 is the better system. Probably not worth the extra $60 for a mega conversion if you are keeping the gearing reasonable. Take the extra cash and put a good high speed fan on the heatsink and/or run a little bit bigger can motor.....like a 3670. Keep things nice and cool.

blx100 died for me after some water ingress (waterproof? not really) . also max10 is 4s capable.

as far as too fast for your son... well yeah it will be.

Max10sct will run on 2-4s. I run mine on 2s all the time when my son wants to drive it. Still fun, even with the 3000kv can i have in there, just wont do flips. Ive run it on 4s a bit too, its a hadfull!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back