Outcast Center diff - fluid or issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pierre1111

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Broke my Kraton 4s v2. While waiting for parts to put it together I decided to build an outcast 4s 2.5 so I could have a truck to drive if the other breaks.

The outcast started as a roller. It got a Hobbywing max8 g2 4278 2250kv combo. Used a 15t pinion. This should be the same or faster / more power then the Kraton on paper ( all stock, 3660 2400kv 13t pinion) especially with the shorter wheelbase.

The outcast seems a bit slower and underwhelming. When I bumped it into my leg I noticed I felt virtually no pressure - the front wheels spun in the air as the rears stayed still and I felt no force. When this happened with the Kraton it hurt !

I know this is the center diff acting like it should but… this much ? It was very difficult to turn by hand when I had it out to assemble the motor so I thought it would behave like it was locked but apparently not. Will 1M make a significant difference, or just go straight to 20 M or earplugs?

Unless you are running on 6s that combo is going to be slow on a 15t pinion I know mine was a turd on 4s and just felt slow and underpowered.

Well I chose 15 because 2400kv/13t is equivalent to 2250kv/13.8 proportionally. I didn’t see a 14t pinion so went 15. In theory this should already be slightly faster than stock. I can try 6s but that feels like cheating. Unless the Hobbywing motor/esc is significantly less efficient? I thought sensored was supposed to be more efficient not less.

I can really see the rear end squatting down and lifting the front with the front tires ballooning significantly.

Back