Typhon How to get more speed out of typhon 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattloaf

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey guys what are some things I can do to get some more speed out of my 3s typhon without changing motor and esc. Currently I have replaced the 15t pinion with the 20t and that’s as far as my knowledge goes on what else to do. I really want to break 65mph with it and am currently at a personal best of 59mph.

Currently have the spectrum 100c 5000mah.

what kind of heat up on the motor and esc will I get with the 26t?

I ran my typhon 3s (V2) with a 27t pinion and SMC graphene. Hit 67mph. Temps were okay but I was being cautious and checking it after each run while avoiding stop & go.

Currently have the spectrum 100c 5000mah.

what kind of heat up on the motor and esc will I get with the 26t?
It will definitely get hot if your doing more than a pass or two as it is a speed run pinion and not made to bash with. I don't have any experience with the Spektrum packs but should be ok. Now a good speed run pack that would almost guarantee more speed would be a CNHL, Turnigy or SMC pack that are made for speed runs. But I wouldn't suggest putting out the extra cash unless you plan to get serious about speed runs. As I said 26t should get you to the 65mph your looking for. Also remember the slower and smoother you pull your throttle the last 25% to full throttle helps tremendously as well.

Hey guys what are some things I can do to get some more speed out of my 3s typhon without changing motor and esc. Currently I have replaced the 15t pinion with the 20t and that’s as far as my knowledge goes on what else to do. I really want to break 65mph with it and am currently at a personal best of 59mph.
JUST GET OUT N JUST DO IT, MY MAN, GET YOURSELF A NEW RC ROCKET, LIKE A FALONY 6S BLX THEN MOD THE CRAP OUT OF IT. DADDYO 77 YEARS OLD, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO. :>)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back