Kraton 6s HR outdrives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve used them a few times when I didn’t wanna spend the coin on stock… my only complaint was since there are 2 set screws it gives double the potential for a loose grub…. RED loctite will be required :)
I always use the red on pinions etc. Got tired of loose screws. Now I curse and use fire to get them off for service etc lmao KK good to know added to the wish list for when money comes again. Stock ones are looking pretty rough now lol.

I always use the red on pinions etc. Got tired of loose screws. Now I curse and use fire to get them off for service etc lmao KK good to know added to the wish list for when money comes again. Stock ones are looking pretty rough now lol.
I forgot to mention, yes they seem to be made of better composition metal as well, obviously I’m no expert but I think I know my way around enough to know when something “feels” cheaper… but the hr cups somewhat resemble the m2c ones that are of a better metal than stock 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes they are much better than stock and also more balanced.

Make sure to clean the threads inside of the cup and also clean the threads on the grub screws before applying red thread locker. Clean it really really good with parts cleaner or alcohol.

Also apply some red thread locker inside of the threads in the cup and also on the grub screw.

I have used loctite brand in the past and even the red one wasn't good enough. Now I use this and it is 10X better than loctite brand.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FW62V...abc_GPPG8EN8ABJA41Y2MJMR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Here is a grub screw I just cleaned. Sometimes you even have to use a wire brush to get all the gunk out.

Most people just apply thread locker on a dirty screw and wonder why it doesn't hold.

PXL_20210606_201719619.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back