Kraton 6s rtr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfb111

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Any thoughts on best replacement rear differential
Oh first post hope I did this right and my question isn’t to lame!

No questions are lame here. Lots of helpful peeps. Welcome to Aarma forum! They taught me how to copy and paste links!

Last edited:
Any thoughts on best replacement rear differential
Oh first post hope I did this right and my question isn’t to lame!
You need to explain what the issue is. I've had tons of issues with my Arrma diffs but there are many different issues and therefore many different solutions. If the issue is inside your diff, you should shim them. If you're eating input and ring gears you may also need to shim the outdrive. I also replaced the plastic bulkhead with the Hot racing metal one and that made a huge difference on saving input/ring gears because it doesn't flex like the plastic one does.

Welcome to the forum!
Agree, just rebuild the stocker if necessary, they’re good diffs. If you ever decide to change one they must be the same ratio.

Maybe these help. Bookmark them and create a "Diff Repair/Maintenance" playlist in your library in YT.

Agree, post up what the issue is, if your just looking to upgrade there really is no reason.

People have run the RTR diffs through absolute hell and back and they are still running. Biggest weakness I have heard to date are the 2.25mm pins inside the diff snapping. From what I can tell the factory pins are a tad bit undersized and not as strong.

Someone recommended these so I picked up a set to cut to length and use.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255800798163755.html

I believe the EXB differential uses a 2.5mm pin and has less issues with breakage there, it also has a thicker drive cup shaft (not sure this was ever a problem) and slightly wider ring gear/input. There are some quirks with the LSD EXB diff's, setup is more complex and if you want to convert to open you need to use LSD round plates as a spacer to support the sun gears (otherwise the pin area is unsupported and cracks). I would highly recommend doing some research on this.

There's really no need to replace the rear diff on an RTR: it's not likely to experience a failure. You can tune it to your liking by using different weights of diff fluid. Here's a chart to guide you:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/differential-oil-weight-tips.1727/
Sorry about that, thanks everyone for the help lot of great information. Should have told you all that the dog bone has popped out twice now. Just need to know what to replace or what to do. Thanks everyone

Sorry about that, thanks everyone for the help lot of great information. Should have told you all that the dog bone has popped out twice now. Just need to know what to replace or what to do. Thanks everyone

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back