WTB Lipo Battery Warmer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentSassin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Vorteks
  3. Infraction 4x4
Setting up for some speedruns so I'm looking for a lipo battery warmer.
I've been trying to find the one Turnigy makes, but it seems to be discontinued.
I bought a "cheapie" off Amazon, but it's very inconsistent and struggles to get the batteries to even 95deg.
Anyone parting ways with theirs, or even a link to a decent unit...thanks.

I just got done reading that post, awesome build you did there (y)
I'm pretty hands on, but was just looking for the lazy way out...lol
This is what I have going on right now, the inside of the bag gets to 120deg, but doesn't stay there long enough to get the lipos warm.
I might just have to consider doing that build if I can't find that suitable warmer.

20240313_144039.jpg

I know you did a couple changes to your design since the initial post, like moving the fan/heating element inside the box, did you move all the wiring/relay inside too, or kept it outside with the temp control?

I know you did a couple changes to your design since the initial post, like moving the fan/heating element inside the box, did you move all the wiring/relay inside too, or kept it outside with the temp control?
I kept it outside. It is not pretty but it does not need to be.
It works really good except the temp setting is a little off after initial warm up. It is good to check the batteries with an IR temp gun to make sure you don't over heat them. Heat really seems to shorten the battery's life span and leads to puffing.

Thanks for the tip, I definitely plan to do so.
I may look into an alarm like someone had suggested that triggers over X temp.

I am new to this and don't do speed runs. Why a battery warmer? I never heard of it.But I am new as well. :cool:

I'm sorta new to this as well, but my understanding is that when the battery is warm, it lowers the IR (internal resistance) of the packs which allows it to deliver/discharge its power more efficiently. A good analogy I heard was think of a water bottle with a spout, pouring the water from a small spout empties the bottle but just pretty slow, but if you increase the size of the spout (warm battery/low IR) you can empty that same sized bottle at a faster rate, i.e. faster run.

Back