Outcast Looking for some guidance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLK83

$dirty hands-no money$
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
Hey guys, just picked up an Outcast, started life as a rtr, for all intents and purposes its an EXB now with the exception of the shocks. I've done quite a bit of reading, but I'm hoping some of you guys that do heavy bashing and big air can chime in. My question is this: what's the best bang for the buck when it comes to the shocks? Are the rtr shocks with the 5mm shafts ok if you drill out the pistons and run M2C rod ends? Should I grab a set of the EXB shocks with the 6mm shafts and throw a set of M2C rod ends on those? Order the 7mm ISB kit for the rtr shocks? I plan on beating the snot out of this thing like the rest of the rigs and I'd like to skip the common shock failures as much as possible... thanks in advance for any input!!

I've never had a single problem with a single EXB stock shock ever. I would get the EXB shocks and not think about it again. You should totally add something to the shafts to limit shock travel and save your rear dog bones though.

I've never had a single problem with a single EXB stock shock ever. I would get the EXB shocks and not think about it again. You should totally add something to the shafts to limit shock travel and save your rear dog bones though.

But do you even blast when you bash?

Are M2C droop screws not enough to limit down travel? I was already planning on putting those in, but I'll invest in limiting straps or make something if you think it would be helpful? Or are you talking about up travel?

Are M2C droop screws not enough to limit down travel? I was already planning on putting those in, but I'll invest in limiting straps or make something if you think it would be helpful?
honestly I don't know, I would assume so but I don't actually have the m2c droop screws. I only did the nylon washers on the shock shaft. Only cost 7$ and I put them on the 6s shock shafts too to stop front dog bone from popping out.

https://www.amazon.com/QTEATAK-Assortment-Electrical-Connections-Commercial/dp/B092V26GQG/

I do like 6/7 of these per rear shaft on 8s front shaft on 6s

Back