Typhon Stretched Typhon 6s V5, Kraton Chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AjDale

Reaction score
Hi, pretty new to the arrma forum but I have been doing a lot of reading and watching YouTube videos on stretched typhons. I am finally starting my own build. I have on order:
Kraton chassis
Pps motor Mount
Slanted esc mount
Stand off spacers
Grub screw for spacers

Already have:
Typhon 6s
Xlx2 esc
Speedtekrc 34T spool
Limitless front and rear shock tower
Limitless front shocks
Kraton driveshafts

Will be putting everything together once it comes in. Look for strictly speed runs… haven’t set my mind on motor yet, any ideas? Thank you. Will post pics as the build progresses.

Last edited:
The combo sounds hot. When you get it together you should post some pictures. It's always cool seeing other peoples take on builds.

Last edited:
I purchased this Mount off eBay in hopes it’ll do me well!

IMG_5306.png

What type of wheels will you be running?
Haven’t decided yet…
What type of wheels will you be running?
This is the 8S motor im considering IF I like the Castle 2200kv 6S.
Can't say yet. only been able to get a few runs in before, you know, something else breaks. Always waiting on UPS.
looking to stay at 6s myself. Hopefully have everything together by Sunday!
The combo sounds hot. When you get it together you should post some pictures. It's always cool seeing other peoples take on builds.
Absolutely!

Hi, pretty new to the arrma forum but I have been doing a lot of reading and watching YouTube videos on stretched typhons. I am finally starting my own build. I have on order:
Kraton chassis
Pps motor Mount
Kraton driveshafts
Slanted esc mount
Stand off spacers
Grub screw for spacers

Already have:
Xlx2 esc
Speedtekrc 34T spool

Will be putting everything together once it comes in. Look for strictly speed runs… haven’t set my mind on motor yet, any ideas? Thank you. Will post pics as the build progresses.

You should do a Build Thread in that forum, Lots of very good Builds documented on this site. Very useful!

You have in mind something like one of these with a stretched Typhon and 107 street tires?

IMG_5453.jpeg
IMG_5454.jpeg

Im a running stock electronics stretched typhon too but will likely put a Castle 1515 2200kv in it I have, and a new 6S ESC.
Ive been running this below for a while now on both 140mm SC tires or 107mm Hoons.
With a 8000mAh 100c 6S Lipo it runs in the upper 80s (seen 90's) with 140mm's and in the low 70s with Hoons, fairly consistently.
I would think the above will break 100 easily enough. For me, Increasing the spring weight and oil very much helped keep it planted with the 140mm SC tires. I then settled on Talion shock towers and Kraton Shock bodies for mix of Grass and Street. I also keep a set of Typhon and Limitless Shocks and Towers for a mix and match lowering. That will be a further version.

The Stock Typhon got sketchy over 70, bit scary. Kraton chassis helped allot too.

IMG_5455.jpeg
IMG_5456.jpeg

You should do a Build Thread in that forum, Lots of very good Builds documented on this site. Very useful!

You have in mind something like one of these with a stretched Typhon and 107 street tires?

View attachment 309480 View attachment 309482

Im a running stock electronics stretched typhon too but will likely put a Castle 1515 2200kv in it I have, and a new 6S ESC.
Ive been running this below for a while now on both 140mm SC tires or 107mm Hoons.
With a 8000mAh 100c 6S Lipo it runs in the upper 80s (seen 90's) with 140mm's and in the low 70s with Hoons, fairly consistently.
I would think the above will break 100 easily enough. For me, Increasing the spring weight and oil very much helped keep it planted with the 140mm SC tires. I then settled on Talion shock towers and Kraton Shock bodies for mix of Grass and Street. I also keep a set of Typhon and Limitless Shocks and Towers for a mix and match lowering. That will be a further version.

The Stock Typhon got sketchy over 70, bit scary. Kraton chassis helped allot too.

View attachment 309484 View attachment 309485
I’ll have to figure out how to do that…but yes those are the speeds I’m looking for if not higher lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back