Typhon V3 Typhon - had to get one!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BulletRCs_NZ

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Vorteks
Wow these go really nice. A great add to the fleet 😁

20210825_142848.jpg

Upped the gearing to 18t pinion.

Congrats, always wanted one, but RC overload.

Make sure to adjust the servo endpoints! I forgot to, and burned out my servo!

I got one a few weeks ago and really like it. I was uncertain about it for the first week, because I was trying to rationalize where it fit in my collection. It's strength is it's versatility. My opinion changed when I put a set of Hoons on it. With the Hoons, it is the best street basher of the 3s lineup, while still being good offroad with the stock tires. I guess the ultimate setup would be to swap between the Hoons on road and Badlands offroad. Then you would have the best of both worlds.

Wow these go really nice. A great add to the fleet 😁

View attachment 165662
Upped the gearing to 18t pinion.
Aww man I am jealous (in a good way)!! That is the only other car that I want. Next year for sure. I figure you’re not gonna speed run that thing right? Are you gonna set it up for bashing? please keep posting what mods etc that you do with it as I am very curious. Congrats buddy on the sweet new ride 😀

Aww man I am jealous (in a good way)!! That is the only other car that I want. Next year for sure. I figure you’re not gonna speed run that thing right? Are you gonna set it up for bashing? please keep posting what mods etc that you do with it as I am very curious. Congrats buddy on the sweet new ride 😀

Thanks man I am super stoked.

So far I've reset the mesh, upped the gearing to 18t, put a Vorteks bumper on it and added a small preload clip to both front and rear shocks.

And yes will be set up for bashing not speed running.

Make sure to adjust the servo endpoints! I forgot to, and burned out my servo!

Yep was the first thing I did.
. It's strength is it's versatility. My opinion changed when I put a set of Hoons on it. With the Hoons, it is the best street basher of the 3s lineup, while still being good offroad with the stock tires. I guess the ultimate setup would be to swap between the Hoons on road and Badlands offroad. Then you would have the best of both worlds.

I'm not a street basher but totally agree.

2 days into my Typhon ownership have to say I'm really enjoying this buggy.

Being new helps because everything is tight but it doesn't disguise how nice this RC runs. I dunno whether it's because it feels lighter than my other 3s rigs but this puppy is so very responsive, the tyres hook up beautifully and it stays so planted during a turn.

I've added ZD racing 1/8 shocks but I'm not sure they are any better than stock. They certainly look better but they feel a bit springy. I did shorten them, maybe they need heavier shock oil.

I have several power modules with different pinion sizes with either a stock Spectrum or Surpass Hobby motor in them. Currently have this with an 18t pinion and stock Spectrum motor.

Update on the new rig.

ITS AWESOME!!!

My best Arrma 3s yet.
Everything about it seems to be just better. The only down side of the Typhon over my Big Rock is it doesn't backflip ... well it does just not easily ... which actually is a good thing because I'm sure this is where my vehicles sustain their most damage (landing backflips poorly).

The handling is fantastic it just goes where you point it. I know new trucks just go great but my Senton didn't handle like this out of the box just due to its narrower stance and small wheels.

Now because I enjoy the way it handles I've now put my Senton wheels on my Big Rock and lowered it as much as possible and man does this thing handle like it's glued to the ground.

95% of my running is on smooth low shaven grass (I have sheep too many sheep which equals shaved paddocks) over rolling terrain so I don't need a ton of ground clearance.

My Senton now wears Granite tyres and that's kind of cool too. More a real Monster truck ... Basically a long wheelbase Granite.

Man I love the Arrma 3s ecosystem. Sure they have their faults ... don't we all 😉 ... but the interchangeable nature of the parts just makes it possible to find your perfect combination of vehicle for your driving style and terrain.

Edit - I've ditched the ZD racing front shocks, I blew one out yesterday sending the Typhon on my ramp. It could have been user error though, maybe I didn't put it back together properly after I lowered it.

My Typhon 3s V3 is my first Arrma, and I'm glad I chose this over the other models. I've upgraded mine quite a bit - I'm currently running a Surpass 3670/2850 motor with a 15T Robinson Racing pinion, mounted on a Hot Racing (HR) motor mount and powered by a Firma 130A ESC. I also have HR aluminum steering knuckles, C hubs, rear bearing carriers, and aluminum bellcrank; Pro-Line PowerStroke shocks; and a Power HD LW25MG steering servo powering a Kimbrough 123 25T servo saver. It took awhile and cost a fair bit of money, but I've got my Typhon exactly where I want it in terms of performance. I switch off between Pro-Line Trencher HP and Duratrax Bandito tires, depending on where I'm running.

Tpyhon 3s Truggy.jpg

Typhon 3S with Bandito tires.jpg

Update on the new rig.

ITS AWESOME!!!

My best Arrma 3s yet.
Everything about it seems to be just better. The only down side of the Typhon over my Big Rock is it doesn't backflip ... well it does just not easily ... which actually is a good thing because I'm sure this is where my vehicles sustain their most damage (landing backflips poorly).

The handling is fantastic it just goes where you point it. I know new trucks just go great but my Senton didn't handle like this out of the box just due to its narrower stance and small wheels.

Now because I enjoy the way it handles I've now put my Senton wheels on my Big Rock and lowered it as much as possible and man does this thing handle like it's glued to the ground.

95% of my running is on smooth low shaven grass (I have sheep too many sheep which equals shaved paddocks) over rolling terrain so I don't need a ton of ground clearance.

My Senton now wears Granite tyres and that's kind of cool too. More a real Monster truck ... Basically a long wheelbase Granite.

Man I love the Arrma 3s ecosystem. Sure they have their faults ... don't we all 😉 ... but the interchangeable nature of the parts just makes it possible to find your perfect combination of vehicle for your driving style and terrain.

Edit - I've ditched the ZD racing front shocks, I blew one out yesterday sending the Typhon on my ramp. It could have been user error though, maybe I didn't put it back together properly after I lowered it.
Glad you like it, love my 3s trucks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back