Typhon Whats so great about a typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never ran them but for sure a better option than the Proline or Duratrax

Thanks, yeah tire weight is a challenge.

Im running dBoots Copperhead2 MT 3.8 (169 X 97 mm, 372 gr/Ea) on terrain and Ive tried;
Duratrax Sixpack MT Belt 2.8 (136 X 70 mm, 250 gr/Ea) off road.
Duratrax Bandito MT Belt 2.8 (135 X 70 mm, 240 gr/Ea) for on-road
as well as hoons 107's in Gold and White (107 X 53 mm, 177 gr/Ea) which are slower overall but yeah, was able to get more throttle.

Trying to get a taller tire to behave. Hoping the XL wheelbase chassis helps.
But I also have a Typhon 6S parts with a Kraton Chassis Im building for on-road only. TLR parts and bits too... It never ends. Staying with shorter tires around 100mm.

My short list for a taller tire.
Pro-line Road Rage MT 3.8 (139 X 84 mm, 305 gr/Ea ?)
Sweep Racing: MT Road Crusher Belted (142 X 80 mm, 304 gr/Ea)
Sweep Racing: MT VHT Crusher Belted tire (Slick) (142 X 80 mm, 264 gr/Ea)
Bandito ST Belt 3.8 (158 X 88 mm, 440 gr/Ea ?)

These look like a good alternative to the Copperhead's
Sweep Racing: MT Terrain Crusher Belted (147 X 80 mm, 331 gr/Ea)

Basicially. Mohave Chassis and parts, Kraton A-Arma and Hubs, Typhon Shock towers, Typhon and Mohave shocks but most importantly Typhon straight cut Difs geared higher than the Kraton/Talion/etc. Runs fast but hot. Its about a pound lighter than the others.
Still feels like a buggy but as you said, soaks up the rough terrain more easily and its a beast on-road too.

Just needs larger tires overall. The 107 Hoons look tiny on it.
I feel legit Buggy sized wheels are best for the Typhon. The 42/100 Hoons are too small ( if not speed running)
For bashing on the street or the dirt Buggy sized wheels are best. Think PL Avengers or Hoon 53/107's. Or Buggy Track pin tires. They are traditionally 105-107m in height. Best. Just my opinion. Running my TLRT.
53/107 Hoons are not my favorite because they are too wide. Widens the track. Too much Postive offset. You get too much tire scrub at the front end.

PL Road Rage will probably balloon like a bastard.:unsure:

Last edited:
I feel legit Buggy sized wheels are best for the Typhon. The 42/100 Hoons are too small ( if not speed running)
For bashing on the street or the dirt Buggy sized wheels are best. Think PL Avengers or Hoon 53/107's. Or Bugg Track pin tires. They are traditionally 105-107m in height. Best. Just my opinion. Running my TLRT.
53/107 Hoons are not my favorite because they are too wide. Widens the track. Too much Postive offset. You get too much tire scrub at the front end.

PL Road Rage will probably balloon like a bastard.:unsure:

I bought the 42/100's for the 3S Typhon and they are small but fun.
I found the 107's are wide, found the smaller Banditos better on the 3S but any of them on the 6S is just silly. They just spin and spin and burn away in no-time! And the Typhon 3S is faster, just not as fun and chaotic LOL

I might try these Sweep Racing MT Road Crusher Belted at 142x80 mm at 304gr/ea ...and they're not cheap.

For reference a stock Typhon 6S, ARRMA dBoots Belted MT 4.2 (6S) is 117 X 44 mm, 115? gr/ea
stock Talion 6S, ARRMA dBoots Katar T BVelted (6S) is 145 X 57 mm, 120? gr/ea and not cheap!
stock Kraton 6S, ARRMA dBoots Copperhead2 MT 3.8 is 169 X 97 mm, 372 gr/ea.

Last edited:
I have the Sweeps Terrain Crushers. More agressive tread. And honestly not great for dirt. I run them on the street with my 6s Kraton. The Sweeps US distributer is a few miles from me. I bought them in person. Saved some coin direct. Yes they are not cheap. I skipped the chrome colored ones because they cost even way more than the plain black plastic wheels.
And the rims are delicate IMHO. Got a few hairline cracks I glued/CA up. Still fine. I am less rough with them now. Just don't hit potholes or jump with them. But they run great. Super fat wheel at that. They don't balloon whatsoever being Belted. Treads wear well also. ( The Terrain crushers that is) Road crushers have a finer street tread. I felt the Terrain crushers were the best alternative for me on rough streets/roads. They definitely need to be balanced before running them. I got 67MPH with my Kraton with these FWIW.

What's the strongest selling point of a typhon for you? It's looks? Whats it do better then the other models? Speed? Best basher? Jumper? Handling? What makes it unique to the others in the Arrma lineup?
THey are not unique at all compared to others in the lineup, just different in looks. I personally don't like low hight buggies and their body. I like buggies like the losi dbxl e 2.0. But appart from that I cant tell much. I seen the one from a friend which is tough and nice to jump but if you have high gras it will fail fast. Even with other things on the ground. Speed wise it looks like they are good to use.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back