Just Bash It-6s servo mount height (pictures added of servo mount types & heights)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

332_RC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Infraction 4x4
Anyone know the overall height of this Just Bash It REG height servo mount? The website is unclear. (They also have a extended type, even taller than this) I've seen a few posts on this one in pic below, but no height listed.

Screenshot_20240412_202238_Gallery.jpg

Anyone know the overall height of this Just Bash It REG height servo mount? The website is unclear. (They also have a extended type, even taller than this) I've seen a few posts on this one in pic below, but no height listed.

View attachment 360558
I'd take a chance on the height. 🤷. Sweet servo mount. Looks around the same as my Treal ones. One piece machined like this one. I just use the servo spacers to adjust. The one Treal I got came with aluminum ones. I'd rather deal with standard height ones like this, then use Hot Racing or Power Hobby servo horns made for the 6s ARRMA configuration. A bit too short is better than too tall imho. Unless you have a really tall servo.

Standard height servo, standard height mount. Soon will have PowerHobby servo horn with cheap 35kg BETU servo.

20240412_205753.jpg
20240412_205814.jpg

Same Treal mount. Brushless Sinecam 700oz in servo. All standard height. Powerhobby servo horn in my K6 Mojave hybrid. For this one I used basher queen's carbon fiber servo spacers. She no longer makes those. But ARRMA'S plastic ones also do just fine.

20240412_210547.jpg
20240412_210606.jpg

I prefer the Powerhobby servo horns to the HR because you can choose a longer screw and use locknuts. With the HR version, it's built-in and sometimes (in my case) has unscrewed itself in the middle of bashing.

Last edited:
I think the JBI reg height will be perfect for my setup. I scaled the picture & did some calcs & it should be around 1.2"-1.25" tall. But that's scaling it with calipers. I do it all the time for work blueprinting. I'm running aluminum spacers now with a aftermarket servo & I'm changing to a different aftermarket servo that is 1.2mm taller. Trying to ditch the spacers altogether, don't want to add more.

I think the JBI reg height will be perfect for my setup. I scaled the picture & did some calcs & it should be around 1.2"-1.25" tall. But that's scaling it with calipers. I do it all the time for work blueprinting. I'm running aluminum spacers now with a aftermarket servo & I'm changing to a different aftermarket servo that is 1.2mm taller. Trying to ditch the spacers altogether, don't want to add more.
😅 Yeah, I'm not that precise. But I manage. Too tall is bad. Sure, ya' don't want anything on stilts, whether it be the mount itself, or too many of the thickest spacers. The standard is the Goldilocks as it can possibly get, unless you have a really tall servo like these Savox SW-0231's.

20240412_212724.jpg

Oh, crap. It's 1.2mm taller than a standard servo? I guess that's on you then. 😬

Well, here's one more with ARRMA'S EXB mount. It has the most spacers. Thicker CF ones. But you see when you go that tall, ya' have to use plenty of 3mm washers to link the servo horn.

20240412_213532.jpg
20240412_213545.jpg

Last edited:
I tried to use the tall JBI mount in my Kraton EXB RTR build but the arm on the steering post (I don't know what it's actually called) would hit it before my set end point. I was trying not to use spacers as well, but I ended up doing so, using the stock mount. I'm not sure what RC you're putting it in but I can measure it in the morning if you still need this info.

Last edited:
I tried to use the tall JBI mount in my Kraton EXB RTR build but the arm on the steering post (I don't know what it's actually called) would hit it before my set end point. I was trying not to use spacers as well, but I ended up doing so using the stock mount. I'm not sure what RC you're putting it in but I can measure it in the morning if you still need this info.
Sure, thanks! Least I'll know how tall the taller one is. This is for a K6.

It was tricky trying to measure and take a picture with my phone. My mind was still waking up at 0430 in the morning.
Well I appreciate the AM picture. I get up early too.

View attachment 360558

Sure, thanks! Least I'll know how tall the taller one is. This is for a K6.
I have the shorter one installed in a mojave, I'll measure after work, it will be late tonight.

Measured two others for your comparison. Hot Racing and M2C. I went with the M2C (which is almost the same height as the JBI) for my build. Wish the manufacturers would come up with a solid "adjustable" servo mount.

IMG_9496.jpg

IMG_9492.jpg

IMG_9495.jpg

IMG_9490.jpg

Measured two others for your comparison. Hot Racing and M2C. I went with the M2C (which is almost the same height as the JBI) for my build. Wish the manufacturers would come up with a solid "adjustable" servo mount.

View attachment 360657

View attachment 360660

View attachment 360661

View attachment 360662
28.4mm. Thanks I do appreciate it! I agree on adjustability. I have a generic no name one. Too short, have to add 2mm spacers. I have a Powerhobby. Works, but still needed a plain washer or two.

It took me a few attempts to get the geometry correct (or at least to the point where I was satisfied). Also had to use 2mm spacers on the new servo but had no issue with doing that. I won't even go into how many servo horns I tried...

I went and took some measurements with my calipers. The JBI reg height will work perfect with this servo I have. Thanks again!

We should make a servo mount height thread with pictures lol
We could. I don't mind spacers. But with these powerful servos they can walk the mount. And like @MB401 stated, gosh a bunch of different horns can be used too. Then shims, spacers or washers have to used there at the bellcrank link. Went thru all this with the Notorious. Trying to get my K6 build with as little washers or spacers as possible.
Thanks everyone I appreciate it. Gonna order the reg height JBI solid mount.

I'll post the JBI mount & the servo I'm going with along with the link setup with pics when it gets installed. 😎✌️

Back