CNHL batteries for bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon NC RC

Keep it fun......SEND IT
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
Ok folks..... I use QS8 on 4S and EC5 on 3S

What have you preferred between

Black Series
Racing Series
G+Plus Series

Noticeable difference between them?

I am not a battery snob, not a speed guy, but like good products for my hard earned $$$$$$

Thanx in advance all meaningful input

My Racing Series have not given me any problem (the only CNHL's I have over had)

Will be buying soon, value your input

D4D68F7C-DC73-4B06-8A53-B0896EBC6811.jpeg

https://chinahobbyline.com/collecti...ry-with-qs8-plug?_pos=14&_fid=64a3193eb&_ss=c

I had 2 Racing Series 5600 120c EC5 both are bad, 3 months old now. 1 has a bad cell and one puffed reel bad. (it busted the hard case open) I only charge at 1c and as a pair. they would not charge as a pair after the 4th cycle. As a single battery, they would only charge to 96%. The one that puffed up had been charged 8 times. These are for a stock K6 EXB RTR geared at 15T
ok so not happy with them at all.

Here is a frontrunner for my next purchase ..... specs ok - QS8 already in place - I can solder but I aint the best at it

Several Racing Series over here. Must admit that’s because of I like to run 8000mah (or higher) with a nice C rating AND they had a nice sale at the time😉.
= good value

I had 2 Racing Series 5600 120c EC5 both are bad, 3 months old now. 1 has a bad cell and one puffed reel bad. (it busted the hard case open) I only charge at 1c and as a pair. they would not charge as a pair after the 4th cycle. As a single battery, they would only charge to 96%. The one that puffed up had been charged 8 times. These are for a stock K6 EXB RTR geared at 15T
ok so not happy with them at all.
Bummer

I have two of the 6s Racing Series 6200mah 90C batteries that I use in my Kraton 6s with Castle MMX 8s and 1717 1650kv motor. The batteries have been great.

https://chinahobbyline.com/collecti...00mah-22-2v-6s-90c-lipo-battery-with-ec5-plug
EXCELLENT

Last edited:
CNHL has been a mixed bag for me. The 6s 90c packs I have run for a few years and are still going the strong. The 120c 6600mah racing ones lasted about 10 runs on the outcast 8s before they dropped cells, although it was on a xlx2 pulling 450 amps. SMC is the way to go especially since you can order with QS8 just make sure you storage charge them. I lost a set after leaving them charged for a week by accident

IMO, it’s well worth it to use the same connector on all your cars. One nice thing about SMC is you can order any connector you want with them.
I like that

If only SMC actually had anything in stock right now... like half the store shows "Notify Me" :(
Yeah, out of stock doesn't do me much good

CNHL has been a mixed bag for me. The 6s 90c packs I have run for a few years and are still going the strong. The 120c 6600mah racing ones lasted about 10 runs on the outcast 8s before they dropped cells, although it was on a xlx2 pulling 450 amps. SMC is the way to go especially since you can order with QS8 just make sure you storage charge them. I lost a set after leaving them charged for a week by accident
Yeah, Ive had good luck - so far ---- with most of my batts..... but give it time -

Agreed, go with SMC when possible.

For CNHL the G+ 70c are the only high performance cells they do. The rest are similar to amazon junk lipos.
I am hoping for reliability - I definitely don't want junk - myself I really don't need super high performance - just solid brix

I am sure you are familiar with what is good and what is really good - especially as deep as you are with the speed rigs

https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=96

Some of smc options are even cheaper than the cnhl alternative. People assume they're super expensive but if you can afford cnhl you can afford smc. 👍🏾
Yeah, Im gonna check out SMC..... I did get some 3S for my Mojave, Senton and crawler on a CNHL flash sale. Correct connectors for those applications. A lot of the CNHL 'sales' aren't that great when you really look.....but I hit one that definitely was. I use QS8 for the 4s due to some of my 8S guys having EC5 problems, which went away with QS8. I will solder, but prefer them preinstalled. Lots of SMC recommendations..... gotta look

Gonna look at SMC .... lots of recommendations from y'all

And y'all would know

THANX

Last edited:
After looking at SMC -
1) I can see that I may very well get my next 4S brix from them (SMC)
2) I can say that, for the price I paid for the (3) 3S batteries I got from CNHL on one of their flash sales that was actually a decent sale, I don't regret the purchase, didn't pay much, don't expect much , not out much if one is a lemon or if they go belly up (but I won't buy from them again if they end up being junk)

This one may only be 5000mah but it makes my K6 boogie. Bigtime. Came perfectly balanced and have zero issues.

View attachment 364212

NICE !!

Back