Notorious 3DRC High wing mount sits LOW did i do it wrong?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

332_RC

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Infraction 4x4
I put a 3DRC high wing mount on my Notorious few months ago. It works great! Stock one had started to fail. The flexibility of this wing mount is unbelievable. Helps w bounce backs on tail wheelies & landings on the rear. But it sits low. I've installed it the only way I see it to go. But is this right or just weird?

20231012_190439.jpg

20231012_190452.jpg

20231012_190507.jpg

20231012_190523.jpg

20231012_190540.jpg

maybe they sent the wrong one by mistake. they also sell a low mount. that looks like what you have.

maybe they sent the wrong one by mistake. they also sell a low mount. that looks like what you have.
Ah probably right. I didn't think of that. That gap at the shock tower is a clue. Maybe that's what fits a Typhon & it's brace is lower that would bring it up. Hm. Oh well. It works great. It's like a shock absorber. I noticed the wheelie bar wheels hit sooner & the mount flexes up anyways & it just rides it out.

As long as it's working for you why not? Looks good. Sometimes I run my typhons on my bed to.

I put a 3DRC high wing mount on my Notorious few months ago. It works great! Stock one had started to fail. The flexibility of this wing mount is unbelievable. Helps w bounce backs on tail wheelies & landings on the rear. But it sits low. I've installed it the only way I see it to go. But is this right or just weird?

View attachment 326466

View attachment 326467

View attachment 326468

View attachment 326469

View attachment 326470

The @3d-rc.myshopify.com mount is installed correctly... BUT you have the OEM side plates mounted backwards..
You need to flip them around and re-install the wing.

It'll give the wing the proper/correct attack angle. 👊💥

Your wing mounting bracket is backwards but that's not the problem. The wing bracket is a patileligram. How you mount it changes it's for/aft position but not it's angle. Your wing mount is bent. Did it come that way? If not just bend it back. It's made out of rubber, you can't hurt it. I own one of these mounts, you'll be bending it back a lot.

Last edited:
Flipped the side plates. Same angle. Just closer. Idk.

20231012_200626.jpg

The little truck to the left has a tall 3DRC wing mount and the wing brackets are pointed the same direction as yours, the wing sits level. My wing bracket is a parilelagram. You can move the wing forward or backwards depending on how you mount the bracket, but you can't change the angle. Your wing mount seems to be pulled/bent down. Did it come out of the bag that way? If it didn't try just bending back to where it should be. It's made out of rubber, you can't hurt it.
Yeah it was like that outta the bag. Idk. I've studied it over & over & it's on the only way possible I can see. Flipped the plates. Flexed it around. Is what it is I guess
👍

Last edited:
I'm confused now. In the earlier pictures the wing bracket is correct but the picture above it's backwards. Is it the same truck?

I'm confused now. In the earlier pictures the wing bracket is correct but the picture above it's backwards. Is it the same truck?
Yes I flipped the plates around
Somebody posted I had them backwards so I flipped them

A picture is worth a thousand words. The wing bracket has been trimmed down to the top holes to accommodate a Notorious body. This is what your truck should look like, minus the broken wheelie bar.

20231012_172926.jpg

Somebody posted I had them backwards so I flipped them

That would be me..

Guess I'm looking at it wrong...

Okay, please flip it back to the way you had it.

These wing mounts are really flexible and get bent out of shape easily. Mine is always pointing out at odd angles after crashes. I just bend it back and call it good. Grab your wing and give it a stout twist from side to side and pull up on it at the same time. This usually works with my wing mount.

As you can see, the little Kraton to the left has one too. I have a lot of experience with these mounts.

View attachment 326466

View attachment 326467

View attachment 326468

View attachment 326469

View attachment 326470
Something is wrong in that
The cut side should not at an angle but rest against the shock tower

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back