Senton 3s Fun in the sun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warby

"Hurry up and wait"
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. ADX-10
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Senton Mega
  7. Typhon 3s
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Infraction 4x4
Today we took 4 of our 3s rigs and the ramp to the closest oval for a quick bash. 2 Sentons, Bigrock and the fresh Typhon.
20230116_134023.jpg

We raced the Sentons first. Great fun and they were faultless. I like the way sentons handle.
VideoCapture_20230116-141709.jpg

IMG_20230116_134113.jpg

Then I ran the 3s Typhon for the first time since the rebuild. Got to say, I love the way it handles and lands jumps with the 6s shock and 4s spring combo. As my son said "its like its landing on a cloud". It seems very planted and handles corners very well. Had no issues with it until I sent it off the edge of the ramp and landed wrong. Ripped the front shock lower screw from the arm. All good, I had parts at home to repair.
20230116_140634.jpg

20230116_141116.jpg

So next was the Bigrock. After doing many triple backflip jumps, I was attempting to do a forward flip but landed upside down on a corner and broke a shock.
20230116_135742.jpg

Good excuse to fit the spare 6s Typhon shocks I had.
20230116_140422.jpg

Apart from the shock failures from bad landings nothing else broke. Within 10 minutes of getting home both rigs were repaired. Pays to have spares.

Fun time was had.

Last edited:
Awesome! That’s a sweet ramp. I’m in Michigan so it’s grass/snow running and no big air. I too don’t want to break my Talion and Fireteam in the same week! So I too busted out the 3S Typhon! I’ve never sent it though…. Yet.

Looks like you had a blast!!! I wish we had warm weather.....this cold is for non-rc people!!! :p 😁 ✌️

Awesome! That’s a sweet ramp. I’m in Michigan so it’s grass/snow running and no big air. I too don’t want to break my Talion and Fireteam in the same week! So I too busted out the 3S Typhon! I’ve never sent it though…. Yet.
We've only just returned to this beautiful, warm, perfect weather as we've been away in London and Paris for the last month. Nice holiday but it really makes me appreciate what we have here. Not just the nice weather but the lifestyle.

The ramp was build for the 1/8 Kraton so it's plenty big enough for the 1/10 scale rigs. I've been considering building a slightly smaller one that's a little more mobile.

That looks great, and sounds like a ton of fun! I just got my truck so really don't have any spare parts on-hand yet. Played with some friends yesterday, one truck had a "mishap", and he had to make a parts run (they just got theirs as well). But it must be nice to have spares on-hand, ready to go.

I was confused by the summery weather, until I saw the Australia part. Ahh, now it makes sense. Enjoy!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back