Big Rock 3S chassis snap in half

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codie3SArrma

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have been replacing Chassis on 3Smodels lately. Typhon is the least durable when jumped and landed on the rear end. Granite most durable and Vorteks and big rock somewhere between. I do not own the Senton. Thinking of a bash bar to help make it more rigid. Or should I go tower to tower brace?

IMG_0080.jpeg

IMG_0053.jpeg

I feel like you should start with the cheaper fix (brace I think) and if that doesn’t work just add the other option

I am thinking m2C bash bar on the Typhon. Tower to tower on the Vorteks. Leave the Granite and Big rock as is and see what happens. The only time I have broke a Granite or Big rock chassis has been head on collision into tree. For anyone thinking I’m a bad driver my children are breaking them more than I. Although I have broke a few myself.

I am thinking m2C bash bar on the Typhon. Tower to tower on the Vorteks. Leave the Granite and Big rock as is and see what happens. The only time I have broke a Granite or Big rock chassis has been head on collision into tree. For anyone thinking I’m a bad driver my children are breaking them more than I. Although I have broke a few myself.
You must be doing something right !! :)

Bash bar is my vote

Wow! You bash hard! 😄 My kid's got a Granite. I let him have 2S and he still finds a way to break stuff. I've looked at M2C brace as well. I'd like to see how it performs but we haven't bashed hard enough to need one yet. I see it says sold out right now but maybe it'll be back in stock hopefully when I need it. Good luck! Keep us updated. This looks interesting

Plastics must not be as good as they used to? I've beat the snot out of the big rock and landed on the skatepark metal rails from 15 and 20ft up many times before it finally started cracking.

That, or you're abusing yours even harder ;)

How many chassis have you been through?

Cold temps will make the plastic brittle. Maybe that has something to do with it. Bash bar will help with those mid chassis snaps but not so much at the neck. Tower to tower bace certainly could not hurt anything. Maybe the combo of both would do the trick. Those must be some pretty harsh landings. Well done!

If you've been through 4 chassis, either something is up with your truck that is causing it to happen more, or it's the landing on the rear. Either way, if you expect the issue to persist, it may be worth a future investment to try out a bash bar.

If you feel crafty and want to try a DIY solution, I made this on my kitchen table for my MT410. Was about $20 in material for two skids. Shouldn't be too hard to do the same with the Arrma cause they have a flat chassis too.
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/mt410-custom-bash-bar-full-chassis-skid.2994/

I have been replacing Chassis on 3Smodels lately. Typhon is the least durable when jumped and landed on the rear end. Granite most durable and Vorteks and big rock somewhere between. I do not own the Senton. Thinking of a bash bar to help make it more rigid. Or should I go tower to tower brace?

View attachment 353615

View attachment 353616

How many of those busted up chassis do you have?

Would those steel plates you put on the bottom help?

View attachment 353617

I seriously doubt it..
Looks very thin, mainly to protect from light scuffs.

I doubt it as they aren't very thick.

Agreed.

I had a hole/crack in my Typhon chassis and glued an alu angle bar to the chassis. Maybe this concept is useful for you.
View attachment 353651

That looks Very nifty!
Nice work.

I think I have 4-5 broken ones still in my possession.

What did you use for glue?

Hold on to them..
They can be salvaged by chopping off the bad sections from each damaged chassis -at precise locations- and mending the remaining clips to each other...

Cold temps will make the plastic brittle. Maybe that has something to do with it. Bash bar will help with those mid chassis snaps but not so much at the neck. Tower to tower bace certainly could not hurt anything. Maybe the combo of both would do the trick. Those must be some pretty harsh landings. Well done!
The T2T brace on these cars is basically worthless for protecting the chassis from breaking.

This car had the T2T brace in it. The T2T brace is the only thing that was holding it together.

20201206_145653.jpg
20201206_145648.jpg

Back