6s shocks on granite, what oil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandlife

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
For those who are running 6s shocks on their 3s rigs, what spring and oil are you running?
Im running team asssociated 5.4lb/in springs in front, and 4.6 lb/in springs in the rear. Ive tried 35,50 and 70w oil front and rear, i believe ive got 50w in front and 70w in rear currently.
But my brain says light vehicle on big shocks should want lighter oil to preform well, am i just out to lunch?

For those who are running 6s shocks on their 3s rigs, what spring and oil are you running?
Im running team asssociated 5.4lb/in springs in front, and 4.6 lb/in springs in the rear. Ive tried 35,50 and 70w oil front and rear, i believe ive got 50w in front and 70w in rear currently.
But my brain says light vehicle on big shocks should want lighter oil to preform well, am i just out to lunch?

Hello

On my 3S Big Rock and Granite BLX I am running Typhon 6S shocks. I am very pleased with 60wt all around in my area. I am in Memphis, TN so the weather can get cold but it can get damn hot. I have been happy but if winter stayed long enough (which it does not) I would do 42.5wt in the winter. So far 60wt has been good even for those days in the 40s I do not bash in the 30s. Floats over the terrain and lands well...I am not a send it guy but I do jump it so gauge for yourself.

On the Big Rock, I use the Team Associate yellow springs.

I run the Mojave fronts in front and Kraton fronts in the rear on both the Granite and Bigrock with stock springs and 50w and love it. My rigs also may weigh more having a 150A ESC's and bigger 4068 motors besides aluminum hubs and steering racks in both on 4s. For big sends its perfect for my setups. For bashing around does good but sure if I lightened the oil would be better but I mainly send them. So really depends what you do with the rig on how to tune your shocks. You can also switch out the pistons for more holes or less and get different results also.

Hello

On my 3S Big Rock and Granite BLX I am running Typhon 6S shocks. I am very pleased with 60wt all around in my area. I am in Memphis, TN so the weather can get cold but it can get damn hot. I have been happy but if winter stayed long enough (which it does not) I would do 42.5wt in the winter. So far 60wt has been good even for those days in the 40s I do not bash in the 30s. Floats over the terrain and lands well...I am not a send it guy but I do jump it so gauge for yourself.

On the Big Rock, I use the Team Associate yellow springs.
Great, same springs im running. Also don't send it too hard with the jumps.
I guess i should mention im running typon arms too, not sure how much that changes the leverage on the shocks
Ill pick up some lighter oils and give them a try again. Thanks for the input

Last edited:
I run alot like @parcou . 60wt all around I like the rebound it has but will compress for good ripping turns.
Thats the area i feel could be improved, the cornering. I feel like the truck pushes into the corner too much, even off the throttle. Or maybe im just expecting too much from a fat tired monster truck haha

I run the Mojave fronts in front and Kraton fronts in the rear on both the Granite and Bigrock with stock springs and 50w and love it. My rigs also may weigh more having a 150A ESC's and bigger 4068 motors besides aluminum hubs and steering racks in both on 4s. For big sends its perfect for my setups. For bashing around does good but sure if I lightened the oil would be better but I mainly send them. So really depends what you do with the rig on how to tune your shocks. You can also switch out the pistons for more holes or less and get different results also.
Same. Run the same setup on both my 4s rigs. For me - it handles better than I expected. I love it.

Thats the area i feel could be improved, the cornering. I feel like the truck pushes into the corner too much, even off the throttle. Or maybe im just expecting too much from a fat tired monster truck haha
If possible get you a couple different wt oils. Play around with them. Depending on outside temps usually anywhere 40-60wt is typical

Ya like i said i have 35, 50 and 70. But ill pick up some 25,30 and 40 and do some playing around

Are you guys running the 6s springs?
Yep.

Mine are both plug and play :)

I installed them as they came, same oil and springs to test them out. Had no need to change anything. I LOVED how they handled, jumped, etc.
FYI - my buddy used the Outcast 6s shocks on the front of his, didnt like it as much, ordered the Mojave springs like I have, and loves them.

I have mojave and kraton shocks, haven't run the truck with the arrma springs tho, maybe ill give them a shot too. They seem quite a bit stiffer than the associated spring that are on the truck tho

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back