Infraction 800 feet / Speed run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

332_RC

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Infraction 4x4
Found a 800 foot long docking lot for a speed run for my new Infraction 6s. Should be plenty I think for a stock Infraction. Got to finish up the diff fluid swap 50/200/20. And get the titanium & aluminum skid plates installed along with the 3d printed wheel well infills.

20240203_114642.jpg

20240203_114648.jpg

20240203_114700.jpg

This brings up a question I’ve had for a long time. How long of a road do you need to run top speed? I run a little over 1000 foot for my last speed run with my limitless made it to 110 before I had to shut it down, it took more than half that distance to get to full throttle. Should I take less time getting to full throttle and have more time at wide open or is 1000 foot short? (332_RC) I would like to have a nice place like that to play.

This brings up a question I’ve had for a long time. How long of a road do you need to run top speed? I run a little over 1000 foot for my last speed run with my limitless made it to 110 before I had to shut it down, it took more than half that distance to get to full throttle. Should I take less time getting to full throttle and have more time at wide open or is 1000 foot short? (332_RC) I would like to have a nice place like that to play.
Not sure. I'm guessing once I get use to the I6, I'll need more than 800 feet. This spot is only 600 feet usable, 200 shut down.

Good find, man. I keep looking. Sometimes when I’m bored I just drive around to different places. I’ve only found one spot so far (long, flat, straight roads are few and far between in New England) that’s close to me and that is on a state highway, so night rips are going to be mandatory I think.
I’ve been hitting Google earth as well and found what looks to be a pretty good spot in Connecticut, but it’s over an hour south of me.

110 is fast Dale. I cant see that well over 800 feet! I have a 1/4 mile in front of my house that is straight, but that's out in the old country road.

I normally stand somewhere in the middle so I go about 500 feet one way and I try to be at full throttle by the time It gets to me.

Good find, man. I keep looking. Sometimes when I’m bored I just drive around to different places. I’ve only found one spot so far (long, flat, straight roads are few and far between in New England) that’s close to me and that is on a state highway, so night rips are going to be mandatory I think.
I’ve been hitting Google earth as well and found what looks to be a pretty good spot in Connecticut, but it’s over an hour south of me.
And dude, it was beautiful that day! The sky was so clear. Mainly wanted to share the nice pic of that blue sky. That whole new complex wraps around in the back, long connected access to another lot, long & flat with curves, perfect for Hooning. No thru traffic, out in the country. Even a spot for a hill climb with my Noto. I got my FPV set up ready. This spot is 5 mins from my house.

Never run on a road with reflectors I found this out the hard way. When you hit a reflector with a vendetta over 80 there’s going to be a major list that you’re gonna need from Jenny’s. 🤣

Never run on a road with reflectors I found this out the hard way. When you hit a reflector with a vendetta over 80 there’s going to be a major list that you’re gonna need from Jenny’s. 🤣
Yeah I've done some unexpected curb jumping with my Infraction 3s going 50mph, not knowing how fast it could cut loose when I 1st got it. Busted the tower to tower brace, aftermarket CF one at the end carrier, I think it took the shock & didn't bust the C hub. That's the blue flame stang.

If I pulled up to a place like that and pulled out my K8S and started ripping it up and down that pretty green grass two or three times somebody would come out and ask if I had seen the guy on the dirtbike, tearing up the yard. 😬

Back