Typhon Receiver keeps losing Signal after about 50 Feet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Army_Vet_Rc_Addict

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Notorious
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vendetta
Ok so Not a complete newbie with Arrma but still kind of wet behind the ears in some aspects so I have a question I've got an Arrma Typhon 6s all stock except the receiver Run a Radiolink R6fg Receiver with a Radiolink Rc8x Transmitter I had signal issue with the 1st R6fg receiver but that was caused by a broken Antenna so I swapped Receivers with a new R6fg and Im still having issues losing signal after about 50 to 65 ft away I've re-binded recalibrated and still same issue I run Radiolink R6fg and R7fg receivers in all but 2 of my cars with the Rc8x Transmitter the 6s Typhon is the only one that I'm having issues with any help thoughts opinions or recommendations would be welcome and greatly appreciated

20231027_200533.jpg

Measure your BEC voltage from the ESC and check/replace the batteries from your radio.

Were you driving close to some power cables? I have a specific area in the neighborhood where I have range issues because of the high voltage powercables (or whatever interference is generated in that area).

Measure your BEC voltage from the ESC and check/replace the batteries from your radio.

Were you driving close to some power cables? I have a specific area in the neighborhood where I have range issues because of the high voltage powercables (or whatever interference is generated in that area).
No and it's done it in multiple spots including open fields, my yard, open parking lots ect. Hell one time in an open field I had the throttle pinned and it just lost signal but it just kept going at full throttle till it ran into some longer grass I had no steering no control of anything

If you loose signal the car stops, so think something is going on with your transmitter. Do you have a different transmitter you can try?

I had a similar issue and it was the button for ch3 on the transmitter, if I would touch it by accident, the car would not respond anymore to any steering or throttle input. If you would be at full throttle and push the ch3 button, the car would keep running at full throttle until I release the ch3 button.

If you loose signal the car stops, so think something is going on with your transmitter. Do you have a different transmitter you can try?

I had a similar issue and it was the button for ch3 on the transmitter, if I would touch it by accident, the car would not respond anymore to any steering or throttle input. If you would be at full throttle and push the ch3 button, the car would keep running at full throttle until I release the ch3 button.
The transmitter works perfect with every other car I run with Radiolink receivers so it's not the Transmitter as I use the 1 transmitter with around 16 different cars and the 6s Typhon is the only one given me issues with the signal

Donate the Typhon to me and your worry is gone!

Back to the subject: then I think the source of the problem is with the ESC if the transmitter and receiver work fine in other cars.
Your BEC voltage might be unstable or some other issue inside that little black box called the esc.

Any chance to exchange that?
Good moment to upgrade :LOL:

That sounds like your antenna is damaged again or the BEC is giving out on the ESC, not giving enough power to receiver. If the antenna is bent sharply so it kinks or if the wire was cut that might be the problem. I know Radiolink has two super long antennas on a lot of their receivers, but those things need to stay happy or everything can go to hell. Does your radio show the Receiver voltage on the screen? What ESC are you running?

Set up your failsafe ASAP for that car either way.
Oh also, what servo do you have in there? Try a different one, sometimes if servos have a short they can draw way too much power and cause signal loss.

Back to the subject: then I think the source of the problem is with the ESC if the transmitter and receiver work fine in other cars.
Your BEC voltage might be unstable or some other issue inside that little black box called the esc.

I'm that's a negative

Um yea no lol and fyi I'm well aware of what an esc and bec is and looks like no need for the smart ass sarcasm "little black box called the esc" I'm generally asking a question looking for help on an issue I've not ran into till now and at no time have I been rude sarcastic or disrespectful to you in anyway so I'd appreciate it if I get that same respect in return
That sounds like your antenna is damaged again or the BEC is giving out on the ESC, not giving enough power to receiver. If the antenna is bent sharply so it kinks or if the wire was cut that might be the problem. I know Radiolink has two super long antennas on a lot of their receivers, but those things need to stay happy or everything can go to hell. Does your radio show the Receiver voltage on the screen? What ESC are you running?

Set up your failsafe ASAP for that car either way.
Oh also, what servo do you have in there? Try a different one, sometimes if servos have a short they can draw way too much power and cause signal loss.
It's a brand new receiver with a single antenna and it's still in good condition I believe you may be right with the bec giving out on the esc I've got a HW max6 I may try and see if that fixes it if not gues s I'll get another new reciever and try that

I run a 2s lipo in the Transmitter And it was fully charged no power lines as I have the same issue in open fields my yard or open parking lots and the transmitter works normal with no issues with all my other cars I have connected to it around 16 total the typhon is the only one giving me issues

Last edited:
Never meant to offend you.

But please don't call me rude or disrespectful based on my post. And calling it smart ass sarcastic is not necessary.

That you take it sarcastic, that is fine by me, but leave it at that and don't inflate things.

We are adults driving toy car for fun, let's have fun please.

Never meant to offend you.

But please don't call me rude or disrespectful based on my post. And calling it smart ass sarcastic is not necessary.

That you take it sarcastic, that is fine by me, but leave it at that and don't inflate things.

We are adults driving toy car for fun, let's have fun please.
Well how else am I supposed to take it? Literally saying it like u did is talking to me like I'm stupid and don't know what an esc is or looks like and that falls under sarcastic rude and disrespectful I'm not inflating anything just making it known that comments like that are completely uncalled for and not appreciated nor tolerated

I'm that's a negative

Um yea no lol and fyi I'm well aware of what an esc and bec is and looks like no need for the smart ass sarcasm "little black box called the esc" I'm generally asking a question looking for help on an issue I've not ran into till now and at no time have I been rude sarcastic or disrespectful to you in anyway so I'd appreciate it if I get that same respect in return

It's a brand new receiver with a single antenna and it's still in good condition I believe you may be right with the bec giving out on the esc I've got a HW max6 I may try and see if that fixes it if not gues s I'll get another new reciever and try that

I run a 2s lipo in the Transmitter And it was fully charged no power lines as I have the same issue in open fields my yard or open parking lots and the transmitter works normal with no issues with all my other cars I have connected to it around 16 total the typhon is the only one giving me issues
If you have a 2s lipo tx battery, try using AA batteries in remote just for testing, unplugging ESC, plug 2s lipo into rx, and walk away about 100 feet from the car, then steer servo. If you have no issues with the range with a receiver pack plugged in, you might consider getting external BEC to continue using your Max6

If you have a 2s lipo tx battery, try using AA batteries in remote just for testing, unplugging ESC, plug 2s lipo into rx, and walk away about 100 feet from the car, then steer servo. If you have no issues with the range with a receiver pack plugged in, you might consider getting external BEC to continue using your Max6
I don't have a max6 in it right now it's still stock esc and the I have no issues with the tx or any of my other Radiolink rc's in my other cars

I don't have a max6 in it right now it's still stock esc and the I have no issues with the tx or any of my other Radiolink rc's in my other cars
I'm not saying the remote or rx are bad, I'm saying use the battery from the tx to power the receiver to see if that fixes the range issue.

Man I having the same issue but I use the Traxxas remote and mines loses single probably around 120-150ft . I use the same remote and receiver for about 4 different cars … this the only one that’s losing single on the big end ….

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back