Vorteks Arma LVC & charge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
what could be the reason when I drove the vortex today, the car turned on the LVC. There's nothing surprising about that, but when I was at home putting the battery in storage mode for charging, it immediately beeped that charging was complete, so apparently there was still plenty of power in the battery?
and the drive happened in freezing weather, the battery was stored at +10 degrees. Battery is 3S 6200mah.

what could be the reason when I drove the vortex today, the car turned on the LVC. There's nothing surprising about that, but when I was at home putting the battery in storage mode for charging, it immediately beeped that charging was complete, so apparently there was still plenty of power in the battery?
and the drive happened in freezing weather, the battery was stored at +10 degrees. Battery is 3S 6200mah.

Gotta keep the battery warm when it's cold out. The low-temperature environment will reduce the activity of lithium ions, the lipo battery discharge capacity will be weak, and the use time will be shortened. The farther you get below freezing the more compounded this issue gets. Basically the voltage of the battery sags when you apply a load and if it dips below the LVC on the esc for the set amount of time it will trigger LVC.

Same concept as the battery in your real car, ever gone out to try and start your car when it's super cold outside and notice how it almost sounds like the battery is dead.

Lipos are bit more temperamental than your traditional lead acid battery however, basically once the temp of the battery falls below 50*F you will start to see a decrease in performance and run time. Running lipo batteries at temps below 14*F is not recommended.

Last edited:
Gotta keep the battery warm when it's cold out. The low-temperature environment will reduce the activity of lithium ions, the lipo battery discharge capacity will be weak, and the use time will be shortened. The farther you get below freezing the more compounded this issue gets. Basically the voltage of the battery sags when you apply a load and if it dips below the LVC on the esc for the set amount of time it will trigger LVC.

Same concept as the battery in your real car, ever gone out to try and start your car when it's super cold outside and notice how it almost sounds like the battery is dead.

Lipos are bit more temperamental than your traditional lead acid battery however, basically once the temp of the battery falls below 50*F you will start to see a decrease in performance and run time. Running lipo batteries at temps below 14*F is not recommended.
And 10°C isn't enough?

And 10°C isn't enough?
For storage? That is fine for storage anything between 5* and 27*c is going to be ideal storage temps. I am talking about the temp of the battery while you are running not in storage. If the battery gets too cold while you are running you will get diminished run times and this effect increases the colder the temperature gets.

For instance I decided to charge up some 5500 mah 3s 50c lipos to go out for a bash one day in the winter. It was about -6*C outside, I got maybe 4 minutes of run time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back