Vorteks Vorteks lvc firmware adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retrowomble

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Hello all
First post so go steady on me .
So long story short I've bought a new vorteks. Running a 2 month old zeee 8000mah 100c battery that has only been used in a crawler a handful of times (not fully depleted) always slow charged at 2 amp and balanced charged every other time .
I had the lvc issue and at best got 4 mins run time . After a new esc (supplied by the model shop ) I got 8 mins run time .so it has Gona back to them they have done the firmware update for me and now I get nearly 14 mins driving . ( On a gravel carpark mainly full throttle and hard braking runs up and down)
. Now to the issue I noticed the punch seem slow off the mark so tried adjusting it and found that there are 11 settings now that can be adjusted not 6 .so what chart do I go off?

Sorry for the long story that as short as I could make it .
Thanks for reading this far Jim

Hate to tell you this but you could of purchased the v2 programing card and prevented sending the ESC back all together...With the programing card you can update and change all the settings with ease.

Yes I know of the card but for the money I sent on the car I didn't want to spend on a program card and a better pc to download the firmware to fix a issue it shouldn't have . The modelshop did this as a warranty issue free which I'm grateful of but now have extra setting that i don't know what are.

Yes I know of the card but for the money I sent on the car I didn't want to spend on a program card and a better pc to download the firmware to fix a issue it shouldn't have . The modelshop did this as a warranty issue free which I'm grateful of but now have extra setting that i don't know what are.
Understood...glad it was free under warranty! punch level is completely up to your driving style, personally I went from a 16T to a 18T pinion, lowered my motor timing to 15 and bumped my punch up to 8 which feels solid with the mojave 4s. the Vortex is a completely different animal so browse around the forums here for feedback and set what's right for you.

That's the thing I don't now know what to adjust . The original esc only has 6 adjustable settings in the Manuel ( weather you do the button method on the esc itself or with the tuning card) now the shop has done the firmware update to try get a longer runtime ( 4mins was not acceptable) there is 11 settings to now adjust but I haven't got a clue what order it is now in . Looking at charts from Google the 130 and 150 esc has 11 settings but weather it's in the same order on my updated 100esc I have no clue . I will be calling the modelshop today and will update date the post incase others have the same issue .

Jim

Ok so spoke to the modelshop today and they said the 11 adjustment steps after the firmware update are as follows
1 running mode
2 drag brake
3 cut off voltage
4 punch
5 max brake
6 max reverse
7 neutral mode
8 timing
9 motor rotation
10 bec voltage
11 battery mode
Hope this information helps anyone else with adjustments after the firmware update that doesn't have the program card .

Jim

Little bit more information . The cut off voltage adjustment starts at 3.2 volts and goes up in 0.1 volt increments up to a max of 3.7 volts
Hope this helps
Jim

Back