Arma Typhon 3s running on castle 2200 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apkallday89

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi there just wondering does anybody know of a better drive shaft than the one I have have been using hot racing with the special Center bearing now I have switched to rcawd solid aluminum Center Drive Shaft but at top speeds which is about 95 at the moment it keeps ripping the bearing out of the holster in the center mount so I switched to this new one which doesn't take a bearing but still has a lot of vibration at top speed just trying to find out if anyone knows of a better Center drive shaft for this car??

20230522_160953.jpg

I'm using HR one in vendetta no problems. Been as high as 152mph..
Is this the one you are using?

20230522_165023.jpg

Because that's what I was using before and I have a metal bearing holster for the bearing in the center and it would keep popping the plastic ring off that bearing

I cut spring inside it down s there's not as much tension on the diffs..that spring tension will push input gear into diff cup at some point killing speed an siffs

I run the stock plastic driveshaft with a metal center bearing retainer.

I run the stock plastic driveshaft with a metal center bearing retainer.
I was as well but it was making a lot of noise with the plastic one then I switched to the aluminum ones I ended up drilling a hole through the chassis putting the screw reverse way to hold the center mount in place because it kept popping out

I was as well but it was making a lot of noise with the plastic one then I switched to the aluminum ones I ended up drilling a hole through the chassis putting the screw reverse way to hold the center mount in place because it kept popping out
Good idea

Hell yeah that's an awesome video trying to get my Typhon there just lowered my spur 4 teeth about to go try it out now thank you I appreciate it at least with that one I can use the big bearing

Yeah definitely sounded good when I fly by you will hear a loud rattling with these other two drive shafts didn't hear it with yours

Am I the only one over here checking this pic out for ideas lol.
Bro I don't hide anything,share it all..lol
Yeah definitely sounded good when I fly by you will hear a loud rattling with these other two drive shafts didn't hear it with yours
If it keeps popping out of holder ya could always try this....check out 4.20 in vid

hell yeah that's awesome good thinking on that seems like it's working good
Like I said in that other comment I have the metal holster bent it with some pliers and then drilled a hole through the chassis to bolt it reverse so it couldn't pull itself out that's when the plastic piece on the bearing kept popping off LOL hopefully that new HR will work fine

hell yeah that's awesome good thinking on that seems like it's working good
I think 140s is max on stock shaft,haven't ran 4s with hr shaft yet,,,after I max my current 3s packs im going 4s.should top 150 with single onyx pack...ran a 131 with single onyx 3s pack the other day....preping car for 3s parallel an expecting some big 3s #'s for sure..possibly 150 on 3s....that's crazy 3s speeds😂😅😆🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back