Infraction Associated RC8t3.1e SPEED RUN for Charity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny5731154

Reaction score
I just purchased an Associated RC8t3.1e and I'm gong to build one to go on a SPEED RUN for Autism/Charity... I was wondering what the biggest and fastest motor is that I can probably stuff in there (in the pic you can see A LOT OF ROOM for a motor)... My goal is to crack 100mph... I have a Zappers SG4 5200MAH 115C 15.2 battery that was donated along with donated a Reedy SC1500-BL Servo... Can I work with those 2 items? If so, what motor would be compatible with those items for me to reach my goal? (any help would be greatly appreciated as this is, again, for an autism charity) Thanks!

T31e_Str_Down-gallery111.jpg

Sounds like a fun project. Do you have an ESC?

Yes, I have a Reedy SC1500-BL Sensorless Brushless ESC that was donated along with the other 2 items (see attached) I was wondering if you have any thoughts on a compatible motor that could possibly reach 100mph- LMK, thanks!​

Reedy.jpg

castle 2021 xlx2 combo.
Thanks for the response! Do you think I should try and swap/sell the Reedy ESC that was donated (see attached) or could that ESC possibly work with the Castle 1100kv motor?

Or with the right gearing would the attached "Sonic 877 Competition 1:8 Truggy Motor, 2000kV" motor work?​

Attachments

• Reedy.jpg
    Reedy.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 28
  • sonic 877.jpg
    sonic 877.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
You may need a bigger motor than that sonic.

I assume your gearing will be limited on the truggy, so you’ll need higher kv if you want to hit 100mph on 4S. Check out TP motors. Something like the one linked below, for example.

Just beware that you’ll be stressing that ESC big time and it might fry.

Have you played around with a gearing calculator?

http://www.tppowerusa.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=326

Are you able to return the car itself? Going with a limitless roller would save you a ton of trouble. The suspension on that car is going to be a problem for you. Also the motor mount's ability to accept a big gear and center spool will be a challenge. There isn't much aftermarket support for team-associated cars in the speed run world. I might be able to make you a custom spool if you cannot figure something out.

For reference just about any 1/8 scale motor can take you past 100 mph on 6s or 8s, but if you must stick with 4s then you may need higher KV.
I went 119mph with the BLX2050 Arrma 6s motor and MMX8s esc and likely had 130+ mph in it.
All you really need is a castle ESC and good tires along with the gearing to get there.

I would recommend selling off the ESC and then get a MMX8s ESC (it will fit the car easier than the XLX2)

For tires I would go with the GRP GTJ XM3 (great grip and reliability at those speeds)
https://www.islandhobbynut.com/prod...gt-t03-revo-soft-mounted-tires-wheels-4-white

If you must stick with the 4s Lipo then you need more RPMs. If you are stuck with just that battery alone then I would go with a TP4050 motor (3080kv )
https://www.tppowerusa.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_71_140&product_id=326
The big 1/5 scale motors wont fit that car and are not necessary to go 100mph.

That setup would go beyond 100mph no problem.

For reference, I am currently running 146 mph on 4s. (setup is some very good 4s Onyx Lipos in parallel making 16,000 mAh capacity, XLX2, TP4070 cm motor, Delta plastiks FC100 GT body, Hobao VTE2 1/7 scale car. )

Last edited:

Yes, I have a Reedy SC1500-BL Sensorless Brushless ESC that was donated along with the other 2 items (see attached) I was wondering if you have any thoughts on a compatible motor that could possibly reach 100mph- LMK, thanks!​

View attachment 278379

Thanks for the response! Do you think I should try and swap/sell the Reedy ESC that was donated (see attached) or could that ESC possibly work with the Castle 1100kv motor?

Or with the right gearing would the attached "Sonic 877 Competition 1:8 Truggy Motor, 2000kV" motor work?​

Dude small world! I was just googling for reedy sc1500 to see what it was because I saw one listed in Facebook marketplace. And I figured I'd see if any arrma bashers had tried one since seemed like a good price (combined with a nice reedy servo). Guess what - it was the same picture - in CT from a few days ago. fb mktplc. I guess it's sold then lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back