Battery Tray Foam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesbea

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Outcast 6s
What are you all using for foam to fill any open gaps in the front/back of your battery trays due to a smaller battery length?

Just hard foam blocks. Trimmed to fit. Usually I keep packaging foam in a bin. To recycle/repurpose.
I am sure you can find scraps or even use Cut up "Yoga Block" foam. It is high density foam. I also use Yoga Blocks as RC stands for all my rigs on the shelf too. Just need to get creative. Some NIB lipo packaging foam is firm enough to use also. Anything can be used. But yeah a Foam of some type is safer to protect the lipos from impacts. Lipos need to be very secure. Not flopping around.
Perhaps you can mod some Velcro strap(s) to keep them better secured?

Just hard foam blocks. Trimmed to fit. Usually I keep packaging foam in a bin. To recycle/repurpose.
I am sure you can find scraps or even use Cut up "Yoga Block" foam. It is high density foam. I also use Yoga Blocks as RC stands for all my rigs on the shelf too. Just need to get creative. Some NIB lipo packaging foam is firm enough to use also. Anything can be used. But yeah a Foam of some type is safer to protect the lipos from impacts. Lipos need to be very secure. Not flopping around.
I use those for stands as well as tool caddies. Just push your tools down into that foam, man! I also use a cork yoga block for my stand.
715B0B16-4250-40FA-8EAB-5F345F0E10C5.jpeg

What I use... 9"x 6". Comes 2 to a package. The largest/cheapest on AMZ. I have like a dozen of them. Useful for many RC related things. Mainly as my car stands. I never store my rigs sitting on their wheels. They always flat spot if you do. And I have many rigs here that don't get used regularly. They sit there for months on end. Also great for bench stands, shock stands or tool storage. (y) Use them to cut up small lipo blocks as needed. Use a fine Hack saw to make clean cuts. Box cutter can also work. A sharp fresh blade.

https://www.amazon.com/Node-Fitness-Latex-Free-Foam-Blocks/dp/B07JND9F6W/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2DOJ2QIGK9U99&keywords=node+yoga+blocks+9+x6""&qid=1681928399&sprefix=node+yoga+blocks+9+x6+,aps,96&sr=8-3&th=1

Last edited:
What I use... 9"x 6". Comes 2 to a package. The largest/cheapest on AMZ. I have like a dozen of them. Useful for many RC related things. Mainly as my car stands. I never store my rigs sitting on their wheels. They always flat spot if you do. And I have many rigs here that don't get used regularly. They sit there for months on end. Also great for bench stands, shock stands or tool storage. (y) Use them to cut up small lipo blocks as needed. Use a fine Hack saw to make clean cuts. Box cutter can also work. A sharp fresh blade.

https://www.amazon.com/Node-Fitness-Latex-Free-Foam-Blocks/dp/B07JND9F6W/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2DOJ2QIGK9U99&keywords=node+yoga+blocks+9+x6""&qid=1681928399&sprefix=node+yoga+blocks+9+x6+,aps,96&sr=8-3&th=1
Thanks!

This may be an older post, but these yoga foam blocks https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CDY1T35L/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1 are 9x6x4 and will help, and have ordered these for working on my rc's.

Exactly what I been using. 6 of them. As shelf stands. Wrenching on the bench too. I like to keep my wheels raised when not in use. Because I've flat spotted the wheels on several rigs over the years. Some of my vintage rigs I don't use often. I was also using 4x4" blocks of wood years back.
10 bucks for a pair , does 2 rigs.(y) (the 9"x 6"x4" ones) Yoga blocks are great.
I can even do my Yoga when I'm bored.:LOL:
:cool:

Last edited:
Exactly what I been using. 6 of them. As shelf stands. Wrenching on the bench too. I like to keep my wheels raised when not in use. Because I've flat spotted the wheels on several rigs over the years. Some of my vintage rigs I don't use often.
10 bucks for a pair , does 2 rigs.(y) (the 9"x 6"x4" ones)
:cool:
Yep, those are the ones that I just purchased. More affordable than those rc stands too!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back