Kraton Batterys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KPCrow

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
What batteries are you guys using in your Kratons? Im looking for something with minimum 4000mah 6s and is a hard case with XT/90 connectors ofc, but doesn't have to have XT/90 as i can solder on XT/90. Using two 3s batteries are expensive but one 6s battery hasn't really worked out for me! Any suggestions?

Last edited:
What batteries are you guys using in your Kratons? Im looking for something with minimum 4000mah 6s and is a hard case with XT/90 connectors ofc. Using two 3s batteries are too expensive! Any suggestions?
Screenshot_20180407-234555_eBay.jpg

ANy

I had 2 of the turnigy ones, both came up with low voltage errors 2 months later, is the other one a h

Yes there is a 6s 4500mah 90c hardcase SMC and im very keen to get it

Wow Turnigy is a good name. Sucks you had bad luck with them. A lot of people are going with Powerhobby batteries or Floureon or SMC.

I just picked up a pair of SMC 3S 4500 mAh XT90-eqiupped LiPos for my 2018 Typhon, just the right size for the battery box which has a 51mm height restriction due to the snug buggy body. Senton and Kraton battery boxes are the same except 70mm high.

I really liked my Turnigy Graphene batteries in my Nero, but the best I could find to fit the Typhon box was a 5S 4000 mAh or a 4S 5000 mAh. Both are coming on the slow boat from Asia.

I would check it RCJUICE.COM. They are located in California in Sacramento City. I usually get in two days or next day depend what time I order my battery. I have two HobbyStar 8000mAh 100c 2c Charge Rate 14.8v 4S and height of the battery is 48.3 mm and also I have the other one is 11.1v 3S 8000mAh 100c and the height is 36.3 mm they both should fit the Typhon V3 and Kraton V3. I have run both of this batteries on my old Kraton V2 and they run perfectly no issues so far. Plus the price is decent and plus their located in California where I lived.

These Arrow Hobby Lipos are the same as the Power Hobby Lipos. They even use the "exact" same battery wrap and box to ship in, the only difference being the battery name in the top left corner. I have the same 50C, 5200mAh Lipos, but (2) 3S, instead of a 6S. Although they only use 12 gauge wire, they do have the new anti-spark XT90 connectors.

I've been running Venom 6s 5000mAh 50c and have been very impressed with their products so far.

https://www.venompower.com/products...22-2v-lipo-battery-with-uni-2-0-plug-x2-packs

As soon as SMC gets their newest batch of True Spec Premium 6s 5400mAh 90c batteries back in stock (hopefully in the next couple weeks) I'll be placing an order for (2) to finish out my 6s lipo needs.

https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_119&product_id=467

Maybe by the end of April I think SMC is expected to have them back in stock. I think this battery is the perfect C rating, mAh and weight for the Arrma vehicles. I just ordered one from the SMC Canadian distributor:
http://begoracing.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=42_210&product_id=1830

Last edited:
I need to get more from them too... should preorder now. I run their 7400 2S packs in my rigs and the 9000mah 2S packs, but honestly, I'll probably just go with 4 more of the 7400's as the C rating is higher and the run time difference isn't much. I can run them in all my rigs vs the 9K's only fitting in 2 of them. I only get about 5 minutes difference in run time in my Flux.

Maybe by the end of April I think SMC is expected to have them back in stock. I think this battery is the perfect C rating, mAh and weight for the Arrma vehicles. I just ordered one from the SMC Canadian distributor

Weight was one of the deciding factors when I chose to go with the Venom Fly series, coming in just over 700g (25oz). The outcast is a porker already even without a battery

https://www.smc-racing.net/ BEST I THINK AND CHEAP FAST SHIPPING !!!!!!!!!!

I have not tried SMC Batteries, but I will give it a try when one of my batteries dies. Thanks for the info. I have been using my batteries over a year now and still keeping it charge even in storage at 3.8 volts. It's a decent batteries for me. Just my thought. I know their isn't many reviews on my batteries but I know it's a great batteries for me.

I have not tried SMC Batteries, but I will give it a try when one of my batteries dies. Thanks for the info. I have been using my batteries over a year now and still keeping it charge even in storage at 3.8 volts. It's a decent batteries for me. Just my thought. I know their isn't many reviews on my batteries but I know it's a great batteries for me.
Actually 8 reviews on RC juice website, and all reviews are very positive. If the C rating is even close to the 100C, they should have "lots of rc juice" LOL

https://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-8000mah-7-4v-2s-100c-hardcase-lipo-battery.html#customer-reviews

Last edited:
RCROD, that funny "Lots of RC JUICE" LOL, keep on licking and ticking for over 1 hours...on all reviews...LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back