Big Rock Best Upgrade yet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajlittell

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Just replaced the sorry Stock receiver and transmitter that comes with the Arrma Big Rock 4x4 .. This new RadioLink RC4GS is nothing but amazing and I’m overwhelmed with how well it performs for such a budget price . My first Upgrade ✅

Attachments

• 818256F3-4657-4161-A5A1-669EC01EB29D.jpeg
    818256F3-4657-4161-A5A1-669EC01EB29D.jpeg
    277.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 25371217-F406-409A-AEEE-54C0FDB4AF8E.jpeg
    25371217-F406-409A-AEEE-54C0FDB4AF8E.jpeg
    319.3 KB · Views: 98
I had NO IDEE how terrible the factory one is. Until I switched. Holy crap! My sons 3s still has it and it’s hard to even drive.

I had NO IDEE how terrible the factory one is. Until I switched. Holy crap! My sons 3s still has it and it’s hard to even drive.
I know, when i first heard about the lag on the stx2 i thought it couldnt be that bad, and the people complaining were people who has experience with higher quality trasmitters and used to the better quality. But dam, the lag on them is ridiculous. It really makes the car hard to drive.

This radio works so well it’s almost to good compared to the stx2. It’ll take some getting use to but so far i love it

I know, when i first heard about the lag on the stx2 i thought it couldnt be that bad, and the people complaining were people who has experience with higher quality trasmitters and used to the better quality. But dam, the lag on them is ridiculous. It really makes the car hard to drive.
I ran one pack through my nephews Senton with the STX2 and was like wow it really is as bad as everyone says it is. For me it was frustrating trying to drive, you had to turn before you needed to turn and the delay was never consistent. The throttle delay was manageable but it was still quite bad.
I since swapped in a TTX300 and the truck is much better to race around the home made track. Shocks aren't leaking yet so that's a good thing.

The delay is the worse ! And this is my first RC and i could tell something wasn’t right with it out the box

I assumed the delay was to do with the stock servo or something and I've gotten used to it. Guess my next upgrade will be replacing the stx2. When I bought my Typhon, the store had a Typhon box on the shelf that showed the Tactic radio. I asked for that one but was denied since it was their floor model. :(

The delay is the worse ! And this is my first RC and i could tell something wasn’t right with it out the box

My 9 y.o. son had no previous experience with RC cars and complained about the transmitter right away. I then purchased a Spektrum DX5C for my Kraton and he could not believe how much nicer it was. I told him he will need to endure the STX2 for a while, but that he may get a better transmitter for his birthday if he's good. :) He only has a Granite Mega, so it's not that fast and dangerous, but I think I'd be afraid to run a fast and heavy car with the stock Tx.

Just replaced the sorry Stock receiver and transmitter that comes with the Arrma Big Rock 4x4 .. This new RadioLink RC4GS is nothing but amazing and I’m overwhelmed with how well it performs for such a budget price . My first Upgrade ✅
I am about to do the same thing on my Granite, just got the same radio.... My first go at doing anything on the Granite, did you find the change easy to do?

Looks like there are loads of configuration options on the radio, did you have to do any configuration ?

Many thanks.

Jonathan.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back