Kraton Best wing mount upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boil the RPM wing mount for 5 minutes before you install it.
Thanks I'll give it a go.
I think I've broke about two or three mounts. I keep them a few spares handy since it's a weak spot on the truck. I have an RPM mount on there now, surprised haven't broke it yet.
I just got the truck, but so far I have broken my wing mount everytime I've brought it out to play. Fun truck, but not happy with it if that's going to be a problem everytime I take it out. I'm surprised there hasn't been a true fix for it.

Last edited:
I broke 3 stock wing mounts and one stock wing. Now I have the rpm mounts and Tekno wing. They’ve taken some good hits and haven’t broken in a while. I cracked the stock wing on my first run and it broke completely after a few more runs. After 3 arrma HD wing mounts, I went rpm. I got better at landing on my wheels. The Tekno wing flexes better and the rpm has more give than stock

I've broken 2 stock and 3 Rpms, 4 of them were within the first year, my last Rpm mount lasted almost a year. My current one has been on there since last August iirc I boiled both of them, the first one I soaked overnight in WD40 after I boiled it, I haven't noticed much of a difference.

I live in the US and their warranty isn't worth it for me either.
RPM's wty is ok for some things. But they always want the broken stuff back. Pictures will not suffice. Yet they don't ask for a proof of purchase or when/where you purchased them. Depends on the price of the part. If the part is a paired item etc. The least expensive Shipping cost of 6S Control arms or 6S wing mounts back to RPM still costs as much as the part itself. Its a wash. You are technically buying it again. If you save all the broken stuff and send back in bulk it may be worth it??:unsure: And I find them slow to send back. 2-3 weeks average. I can place a new order and get them much faster. I guarantee that RPM recycles (Nylon) the broken ones to make new one's. It profitable for RPM to warranty them in this way. That business model works I guess? There's value in the returned Nylons. makes sense. RPM has always had this warranty.

Last edited:
My rpm wing mount is loose and it’s working out perfect in the sand.
What is the purpose of a loose wing mount? Is that a new technique for bashing specifically in sand?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back