Big Rock Big rock 3S out of balance riding backwards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SECT

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I did some upgrades on my BigRock as you can see on the pictures. Nice big bore shocks, some custom alu parts and the MT cyclone tires. Driving and jumping is great now but driving backwards is hell. He is out of balance en flips around doing a bit higher speed. What is wrong? I tried to do some camber changes but I don't know how to do it right. Anyone some advice? Sorry for my English, I'm Dutch :)

20230201_204217.jpg

20230201_204155.jpg

20230201_205127.jpg

What servo and servo saver are you running? Based on what you're saying i would guess it's due to a sloppy or weak servo saver that can't keep the wheels straight. That was likely always the case, but when you switched to new, less squishy tires is probably what made the issue more apparent in your driving backwards.

That mixed with the slop that inevitably develops in the 3s arrma suspension linkages will cause that instability in reverse as well.

You can reduce slop by purchasing metal pivot balls for the linkages or getting traxxas slash linkages. You could pick up a new servo and servo saver to improve steering and holding center.

Or you could just go slower in reverse ;)
cars reverse GIF by Top Gear

Hey guys,
I did some upgrades on my BigRock as you can see on the pictures. Nice big bore shocks, some custom alu parts and the MT cyclone tires. Driving and jumping is great now but driving backwards is hell. He is out of balance en flips around doing a bit higher speed. What is wrong? I tried to do some camber changes but I don't know how to do it right. Anyone some advice? Sorry for my English, I'm Dutch :)

View attachment 285099

View attachment 285100

View attachment 285103
Switch the left tires to the right so they point backwards🤣🤣🤣

Awesome paint job. For the camber I set it so it's negative enough that even when pushing on the suspension it never goes past 0 degrees.

I've found that with the front toed out like yours is my rigs will "shimmy" back & forth a little wildly in reverse. It helps with off road steering/ cornering tho in forward- really not driving it in reverse very often or far

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back