Big Rock Big rock on 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch_joker

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
I needed to change the Esc. Bought one that’s 4s capable. Was thinking to upgrade to a 4s motor 3670 2850kv. Rcdude81 had some epic runs with this motor combo.

Do i need to change the diffs or somthing else?

I needed to change the Esc. Bought one that’s 4s capable. Was thinking to upgrade to a 4s motor 3670 2850kv. Rcdude81 had some epic runs with this motor combo.

Do i need to change the diffs or somthing else?

I am not going to say it is required.... I have a Big Rock 4S setup, but still running it at 3S. I did install the Arrma 3S metal diff...very costly at the time. I also added the HR yoke around it. The spur, of course, is metal and not plastic. I only did the rear, not the front

Let's see what others say I can't say if it is a need or not. I felt the HR yoke did a great job of removing the play/flex you get with the plastic yoke, but I was not running 4S power at that time. I added it had the funds to blow.... so can't say if "I" needed it.

I want to awake the beast in the BR.
Maby need to play with some pinions. Which would be the max?

The plastic diff gears, and overall the entire drivetrain, on these trucks can withstand a good amount of power, but they aren't good with shock loads, regardless of power level. If you're easy with your throttle finger, you can make the plastic diffs last a while even on 4s. Likely, you will eventually strip some gears. There are several metal (steel, sintered, aluminum) options you can choose from that last substantially longer. Usually you only need upgrade the rear diff.

A good quality metal diff yoke is the foundation for making sure your gears stay properly aligned. I've read in many places that it drastically improves plastic diff gear life and ensure the metal gears last long as well. I've had good luck with the Hot Racing one. If you're looking to run 4s, that would be the first thing on my list.

Back