Big Rock Big rock Servo issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a 3s Big Rock? Is the servo saver stock?

Big rock but with a 150a esc so sending 7.4 to it.. servo saver is kimbrough
Saver might not be strong enough, 25kg servo might be collapsing the inner spring on the pavement when you turn it, not moving the wheels.

Looks like a strong enough servo saver tho.

When I upgraded my servo to a stronger servo in my Noto the saver did the same thing. It was the stock plastic one & couldn't hold the power. I changed to a aluminum servo saver & it fixed it. Now, granted that's 6s vs 3s & totally different. But I have a 3s Senton the steering is wobbly like that. So many steering pivot points that can have play in a 3s chassis. You got a good servo & saver. Just play in the plastic steering bellcrank. The strong servo found it.

Appreciate the tips.. went thru everything on the bellcrank and there is the normal plastic play (little bit) but all screws are tight enough.. I tried the stock saver and same thing so going to pick up a metal one and try that if that don't work then metal bellcrank. The stock servo didn't have any trouble running that battery size just slow but fully turned.. The truck is 6s capable but I run mostly 4s so i know the truck is heavier then stock but 25kg servo should be able to turn the tires atleast ya know lol

Appreciate the tips.. went thru everything on the bellcrank and there is the normal plastic play (little bit) but all screws are tight enough.. I tried the stock saver and same thing so going to pick up a metal one and try that if that don't work then metal bellcrank. The stock servo didn't have any trouble running that battery size just slow but fully turned.. The truck is 6s capable but I run mostly 4s so i know the truck is heavier then stock but 25kg servo should be able to turn the tires atleast ya know lol
What brand servo?

That servo might be weaker than stock. $15 won't buy a strong enough servo unfortunately.

35kg would be better. They are not the best in strength from Amazon. 25kg and 35kg you can drive and steer.

Last edited:
I found a matching metal servo saver arm it worked beautifully for 1 minute then started making noises, overheating and now dead.. Time for an upgrade! love a good reason to go to the hobby shop

That sucks! Just a little tip with steering end point. I noticed with both 3s trucks we had if you (now just one 3s truck). Full adjustment was too much for the steering linkage. Causing the stock servo to burn out in 3 runs. So back off on full end point adjustment. Maybe this was corrected.
Check your truck see if full steering end point adjustment on the remote is too much for your steering rack and linkage.
Try that 6s stock servo is in stock your best bang for the buck.

After watching a video years ago on a utuber testing many different servos. And every one was over rated in tourqe numbers. That 25kg is actually like 19kg. Some servos were closer to what was printed and some ate worse on the servo case and in description.

Last edited:
Back