Big Rock Big rock Servo issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been replacing all of our 3S servos with the 6S S652's. Affordable and direct fit.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...um-s652-digital-steering-waterproof-ara8608v5
I do this too! They work nice on the 3S cars.

I found a matching metal servo saver arm it worked beautifully for 1 minute then started making noises, overheating and now dead.. Time for an upgrade! love a good reason to go to the hobby shop
Not sure if you meant you removed the servo saver for a solid metal arm. If so, I highly reccomend you have a servo saver of some kind. It really does save other component when/if you steering binds on something.

Good luck!

After watching a video years ago on a utuber testing many different servos. And every one was over rated in tourqe numbers. That 25kg is actually like 19kg. Some servos were closer to what was printed and some ate worse on the servo case and in description.
Same here, couple years ago I watched those too b4 deciding on a aftermarket servo. Pretty cool little machine they made. I've used DS35 & DS25 servos in some rigs. Running Power HD in my 6s rigs.

It seems like there’s a little more play in the knuckle/arm on that one side, but when I disconnect the servo arm, everything turns smooth with my hands

So the servo doesn't move much when disconnected from the arm/link? Or will it full sweep then?

Is the HR rack binding at all?

What happens when you move the steering from the servo arm. Smooth or something to tight?

No binding when I disconnect the servo arm, but one thing I just thought of is that when I centered the servo and put the arm on it the arm doesn’t point directly dead center. It’s either a little to the left or little to the right.

No binding when I disconnect the servo arm, but one thing I just thought of is that when I centered the servo and put the arm on it the arm doesn’t point directly dead center. It’s either a little to the left or little to the right.
You put the aluminum solid arm on or the Kimbrough

Huh. Only thing I can think of is the BEC is on 6v. I can't say it's the receiver, not sure. Is the servo plug backwards? Idk

Arite fam just had some successful testing. Put a different servo arm that lined up perfect when centering, found a metal pivot ball was stuck causing almost no play, reset endpoints and fixed the camber/toe kick. We’ll see how it does after going 10 ft in the air tomorrow. Full trigger bashing!!

Arite fam just had some successful testing. Put a different servo arm that lined up perfect when centering, found a metal pivot ball was stuck causing almost no play, reset endpoints and fixed the camber/toe kick. We’ll see how it does after going 10 ft in the air tomorrow. Full trigger bashing!!
Cool. I chased a ghost in my K6 bulkhead-noise- finally just swapped the entire bulkhead. Musta been a warped bulkhead.
Glad you found that. Send it 💯

Back