Outcast Body Mount System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VonJarga

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
Hey all,
I am looking for a solution to my body mount issue.

I bought these secure lock caps from Proline (https://www.prolineracing.com/performance-parts/pro-line-body-mount-thumbwasher-kit.asp) and they are pretty cool. I followed this guy's video:
and I botched the holes pretty bad. It works sort of, but the caps are crooked and I am not too sure of how they will withstand a crash. I was able to pull a grub screw out by hand.

I am wondering if there exists a "pre-made" body post with a hole for this grub screw, or better yet a ready to go body post that will fit into the the Outcast 4s. I see Proline makes a lot of extended body mount posts, but they look like they're not the same shape (and probably different size) as the Arrma body posts. Has anyone done this before or know of a way I can get a hold of something like this?

I used to make these for crawlers back in the day, it's possible to make them work on these cars too.

Attachments

• BdyMnt.1.jpg
    BdyMnt.1.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 70
  • BdyMnt.2.jpg
    BdyMnt.2.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 65
  • BdyMnt.3.jpg
    BdyMnt.3.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 60
1/4-20 nylon screw, then some Delrin parts I turned on the lathe. For a vertical post I'd just drill and tap the screw into the top of the post, then use the flat nut to secure. The mounts on that crawler are 7 years old, we used to scrape the clips out all the time, but the flat nut idea seemed to work the best and not loosen when scraping on it's lid.

1/4-20 nylon screw, then some Delrin parts I turned on the lathe. For a vertical post I'd just drill and tap the screw into the top of the post, then use the flat nut to secure. The mounts on that crawler are 7 years old, we used to scrape the clips out all the time, but the flat nut idea seemed to work the best and not loosen when scraping on it's lid.
"then some Delrin parts I turned on the lathe" That sounds pretty complicated. I definitely do not have a lathe or any lathe skills for that matter. Got any extras? lol I have been googling grub screw with flat nut and have been coming up a little empty handed.

Let me get some posts and experiment. I'll let you know in a week or so. If you google "gunnar body mounts" you should see some pics of black plastic parts laid out, that is what I used to sell.
Here ya go, I found one of my old pics, this is what the top of your post will look like. There are different nuts you could use. I made this post like 8 years ago lol

Attachments

• XR1post.jpg
    XR1post.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Let me get some posts and experiment. I'll let you know in a week or so. If you google "gunnar body mounts" you should see some pics of black plastic parts laid out, that is what I used to sell.
Here ya go, I found one of my old pics, this is what the top of your post would like. There are different nuts you could use. I made this post like 8 years ago lol
Snazzy! That post looks clean as hell. I assume the set screw in the body mount bracket hold that in place? Since this is old news for you, I wont get my hopes up, but you don't happen to have an extra set for sale do you? Just to be clear, these are for the Arrma 4x4 models right (specifically the Outcast 4s)? I think the posts are just shy of 8mm.

Yeah AR320357 is the body post part number. I have some on order, I'll get back here once I have something done.

OK no problem, got AR320453 ordered.

Last edited:
Standard body mount drilled to accept 1/4-20 nylon threaded rod, nylon acorn nut. Kit with various nuts for attachment

Attachments

• bodypost3.jpg
    bodypost3.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 79
  • bodypost1.jpg
    bodypost1.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 66
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back