Big Rock Brand new big rock, esc just blinks red

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StelioCantos

Reaction score
It has never been ran. Literally first pack. One quick green blink then just fast red blinks. Steering trim etc is at 0. Not sure what's going. Lol what a bummer... anyone have the issue first run?

Sounds like something is wrong. That needs to be fixed.
Sorry for your trouble.:(

Throttle trim at 0?

Try doing the throttle setup.

Screenshot_20230508_122337_Drive.jpg

Yea i Tried holding the button but still won't stop blinking red. Also when i said trim set to 0 I meant factory settings. They are straight up and down. Sorry everyone. Still kinda new.
While the power is on hold the tiny button next to the on/off switch. Holding it while power on is a master reset.

Throttle trim at 0?

Try doing the throttle setup.

View attachment 298341
Yea it just flashes red no matter what I try to do. Even if I try factory reset it doesn't fix. Just blinking red quickly after pressing and holding

Last edited:
Test the battery voltage. Maybe a bad battery?
What does the manual say a red flashing light on start up error is?

What does the receiver LED show?

Receiver and remote probably not bound. Perform the binding sequence.
Not sure how to do that and they didn't send a bind plug unfortunately.. tried find a video bit not having any real luck
What does the receiver LED show?
Solid red light
Test the battery voltage. Maybe a bad battery?
What does the manual say a red flashing light on start up error is?
I bought 4 brand new batteries and charged them all with venom pro 3 charger. Manual says blinking red would be temp too hot but it's never ran

I'd call the manufacture.

Get a warranty replacement. DOA out the box.... Is what it is. Crap happens. Nothing new.
Will still need to Calibrate Radio with Throttle Endpoints with the new ESC and Set Steering endpoints as with any new RTR model.

I took off the esc and the receiver is blinking continuous also

Probably all you need to do is re-bind the receiver to the radio. Find the SLT3 manual or Big Rock manual and it will explain it. You'll need that little bind plug loop that came with the car.

This procedure should work:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back