Kraton BT 2000 Dashboard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aloring3

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi guys,
My son talked me into buying the chip you put into the DX3 for our 6S and 8S EXB’s but we can’t get it to work.

I read some of the other posts but couldn’t find the answer to my problem.

We put the chip in correctly
We were able to bind
We were able to have it recognized by Bluetooth
We waited for it to “update”

But after all that it still didn’t work. If anyone knows if it compatible with Kraton 6s and 8s exb’s and how to get it to work. Please help us out.
Thanks
Rick

Hi guys,
My son talked me into buying the chip you put into the DX3 for our 6S and 8S EXB’s but we can’t get it to work.

I read some of the other posts but couldn’t find the answer to my problem.

We put the chip in correctly
We were able to bind
We were able to have it recognized by Bluetooth
We waited for it to “update”

But after all that it still didn’t work. If anyone knows if it compatible with Kraton 6s and 8s exb’s and how to get it to work. Please help us out.
Thanks
Rick
I was so disappointed with mine. Wishing you better results.

could you send a photo
Also is you Kraton 8s or 6s running a old reciever that is not telemetry compatible or are you using aftermarket esc and motor
Thanks for the response. I believe they should be the latest version. Both bought new at Christmas. Both boxes say they have telemetry I believe.

I’ll send pic and check box when I get home.
I was so disappointed with mine. Wishing you better results.
But you were able to get it to work?

That BT module is a Spekrum fail. Always was a mixed bag. They either worked or didn't. Most don't work plug and play as expected. Should have done more research. Is what it is.
Better to have spent that $$ on a nice Radiolink RC4GS radio/receiver , $60.00 and comes with Gyro Receiver to boot. Spektrum Smart stuff is budget stuff.
Sorry to be blunt about that. Search the AF Threads in regards. Might just get lucky and sort all out. Hopefully. IDK.
I also have a DX3 and looked into that BT module. I passed on that after doing some research.
Calling HH and Spektrum will probably get you nowhere unfortunately. But do call them or email them FWIW.
Return it if you can. What I would do in a heartbeat.
:cool:

Last edited:
That BT module is a Spekrum fail. Always was a mixed bag. They either worked or didn't. Most don't work plug and play as expected. Should have done more research. Is what it is.
Better to have spent that $$ on a nice Radiolink RC4GS radio/receiver , $60.00 and comes with Gyro Receiver to boot. Spektrum Smart stuff is budget stuff.
Sorry to be blunt about that. Search the AF Threads in regards. Might just get lucky and sort all out. Hopefully. IDK.
I also have a DX3 and looked into that BT module. I passed on that after doing some research.
Calling HH and Spektrum will probably get you nowhere unfortunately. But do call them or email them FWIW.
Return it if you can. What I would do in a heartbeat.
:cool:
I’m thinking returning them and getting the one you mentioned. It’s more money but has to be better than this. I’ve spent 2 hrs on this piece of junk. LHS should return them no issue, I spend quite a bit of $$$ with them. If not oh well.

The one you mention tells how high you jump too, correct?

That's why I would contact HH directly if anything. But a decent LHS where purchased should either take the return no issue, or Install it themselves to "Make it work" if you can't. And I am sure they will have no better luck. I believe any Authroized HH/Spektrum seller takes returns for 30 days per the HH agreement with them. Then the LHS just sends it back to HH for Account credit. Don't quote me. Check for yourself. Don't lose out on the $25.00, is what I am saying. This hobby gets rather costly as it is. No use spending on garbage accessories. This Hobby already has enough of this stuff floating around out there.
TBH even if it did work out, it is temperamental and not that accurate at all. From what others have stated.
It was always considered a flawed Spektrum product. IMHO. Don't even accept an exchange. Get Full refund and move on.

>>>If you want to clock RC speed just buy a SkyRC GPS Performance Analyzer. It will give you Accurate GPS Speed and altitude and other details if that is what you really want. Not cheap. Is what it is. What I use.
How high you jump is not that important IMHO. Just me. These are not Air RC's.
Get away from that whole Smart Eco thing. More trouble than it's worth. Not that Smart at all for the end user as it turns out. That stuff is just a money pit.

Last edited:
But you were able to get it to work?

Yes, I did, but it took some on/off on/off, remove it out, put it back in...etc, all while I was in the field ready to bash. What killed it for me.... at odd times, the radio and car would not bind with BT inside the transmitter. I was done.

I sold it here with a post and explanation of my issues. It may have been $10. I was trying to get it gone!

Yes, I did, but it took some on/off on/off, remove it out, put it back in...etc, all while I was in the field ready to bash. What killed it for me.... at odd times, the radio and car would not bind with BT inside the transmitter. I was done.

I sold it here with a post and explanation of my issues. It may have been $10. I was trying to get it gone!
Yeah, I’m done too. I did the same yesterday, it never worked. All it did is make my wheels lock and only would go in circles. Awful product.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back