Typhon Compare between Low Profile Wing Mount & Stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin080

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon TLR
Has anyone a compare pic between the stock

AR320347 mount and the low profile​

AR320379 mount ?​

Maybe even with a typhon tlr?

Really want to see the difference :)
Ty

I see a 10. mm variance with height adjustability on my Typhon TLRT. I have my TLRT set to highest postion and most forward. I use the height adjustable mounts when I do replace them on all my winged 6s rigs. But with my Noto, for instance, its fixed to a low setting. Only one height position. One set of holes available. But still can be moved fore or aft.
The mount can be reversed to make the wing more forward or rearward (+/- 5. mm) FWIW. If your body will clear the specific wing you are using.
I hope I understood your question. :cool:

I see a 10. mm variance with height adjustability on my Typhon TLRT. I have my TLRT set to highest postion and most forward. I use the height adjustable mounts when I do replace them on all my winged 6s rigs. But with my Noto, for instance, its fixed to a low setting. Only one height position. One set of holes available. But still can be moved for or aft.
The mount can be reversed to make the wing more forward or rearward (+/- 5. mm) FWIW. If your body will clear the specific wing you are using.
I hope I understood your question. :cool:
ye, i know about these settings but even on the low setting it is a bit too high for me while i will spend my stretched tlr typhon mmx8s/1717 now limitless shocks and shock tower and also want to lower the wing, you know ? :)

i ordered both now :)
3.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
1.jpg

Sweet rig you got going there. If I were you, keep the mounts lowest and rearward. Just get rid of the TLRT wing and use a Flat CF designed one. With low side dams at the edges.

Sweet rig you got going there. If I were you, keep the mounts lowest and rearward. Just get rid of the TLRT wing and use a Flat CF designed one. With low side dams at the edges.
Ty brother!:)

Yes, i want to run the mount as low as possible and as far away to the front, so the look with stretched is similar to the wing :)
I do really like the stock wing with its included lips :s

Yeah that TLRT wing is actually a dimensionally spec'ed track sanctioned True 1/8 buggy wing. Just a Team Losi buggy wing IMHO. Looks nice and Rigid too. Just not best for speed running IMHO. I run my TLRT with 4s at 58 mph flat out, there is way much rear downforce/drag. Despite removing the wicker bills altogether. Too much rear downforce will jack the nose up at a certain speed, lifting the nose. Carnage ensues........:rolleyes: How I see it.:unsure:
The TLRT wing is best for track running where 4s speeds are aprox 30-35mph on most technical tracks, for jumping the doubles and triples on a track.
A speed runner also needs to be raked forward a bit to keep that nose down. So the rear doesn't squat too much under high load. This also helps much.

Last edited:
Yeah that TLRT wing is actually a spec'ed track sanctioned True 1/8 buggy wing. Looks nice. Just not best for speed running IMHO.
The wing is best for track running where 4s speeds are aprox 30-35mph on most technical tracks, for jumping the doubles and triples on a track.
i totally agree with u.
this tlrt was a basher first, then swapped over to speedrun
while i used this as a speedrunner, i swapped the body from my v2 spare typhon included wing and made them flat, i had problems at 130 kph, the nose came up with tlrt wing :D
Screenshot_20221216_225649_Instagram.jpg

then i changed back to basher and bought new lim v2

and now it is a street basher hahaha :D

123.jpg

Screenshot_20221216_225642_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20221216_225645_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20221216_225659_Instagram.jpg

If your Nose came up,(car had a blowover) then 90% of the time it has to do with your rear shocks.ive never experienced a blowover from touch rear wing..especially tlr wing...alot of rear wing pushs rear down till it squats lower then front then it'll blowover,not enough rear wing an rear of car gets loose at same speed every time an rear gets loose during braking.the kraton wing has a real low profile an could always cut it down.heres a few different wings an mounts I've tried

20210605_075842.jpg

20210327_144405.jpg

20210524_192032.jpg

20210605_075901.jpg

20210508_120448.jpg

20211015_030911.jpg

20211031_125735.jpg

20210601_160109.jpg

If your Nose came up,(car had a blowover) then 90% of the time it has to do with your rear shocks.ive never experienced a blowover from touch rear wing..especially tlr wing...alot of rear wing pushs rear down till it squats lower then front then it'll blowover,not enough rear wing an rear of car gets loose at same speed every time an rear gets loose during braking.the kraton wing has a real low profile an could always cut it down.heres a few different wings an mounts I've tried

View attachment 263081

View attachment 263082

View attachment 263083

View attachment 263084

View attachment 263085

View attachment 263086

View attachment 263087

View attachment 263088
bro as you can see i fixed this problem :rolleyes:
i had this problem at 130 kph..
i ran this car 196 kph then weather starts sucking ;)
but i saw your threads....and man i was scared about your soldering jobs o_O
i don't wanna blame you, i just want to talk to you.
this can blow esc also as well..

I burnt up a lot of ESC from s***** soldering from last year...I skimmed throu this thread an it's hard to tell what you are looking for from all the different pics an cars,I took as your looking for a low profile wing an mount that sits back farther...I do know no rear wing is gonna make your cars front end come up at 130kph,what's that like70-80mph???only way a typhons front end will lift is because rear squat or you hit something in the road,

Screenshot_20221216-184124_Chrome.jpg

I burnt up a lot of ESC from s***** soldering from last year...I skimmed throu this thread an it's hard to tell what you are looking for from all the different pics an cars,I took as your looking for a low profile wing an mount that sits back farther...I do know no rear wing is gonna make your cars front end come up at 130kph,what's that like70-80mph???only way a typhons front end will lift is because rear squat or you hit something in the road,

View attachment 263140
This is all the same car 😅
And no, i had limited the rear shock travel and got them higher then front but with the tlr chance no chance;)

I just want my tlr wing low as possible after installed limitless shocks and Towers so that they Look matched:)

Tlr is only streetbasher now ;)
Got my v2 lim. With xlx2 and 2028 for really speed.
Anyways, weather sucks here :D

And wow, i didnt expected that you already blew some esc's while having bad soldering connection:/

I Tried to warn but maybe i am too Late.

Just check all your connections ( INCLUDED MOTOR BULLETS are tight, so that you have low electric resistance as possible.

:)

This is all the same car 😅
And no, i had limited the rear shock travel and got them higher then front but with the tlr chance no chance;)

I just want my tlr wing low as possible after installed limitless shocks and Towers so that they Look matched:)

Tlr is only streetbasher now ;)
Got my v2 lim. With xlx2 and 2028 for really speed.
Anyways, weather sucks here :D

And wow, i didnt expected that you already blew some esc's while having bad soldering connection:/

I Tried to warn but maybe i am too Late.

Just check all your connections ( INCLUDED MOTOR BULLETS are tight, so that you have low electric resistance as possible.

:)
I've lower wing drilling new holes in plastic tabs under wing.if ya go up against the where nut that holds wing I'll lower it alot.ive drilled new holes in bothe these mounts

16712697039786316009601025321748.jpg

Also limitless front tower mounted on the rear looks awsome imo..more low profile look

Attachments

• 16712699536983014007200749506166.jpg
    16712699536983014007200749506166.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I've lower wing drilling new holes in plastic tabs under wing.if ya go up against the where nut that holds wing I'll lower it alot.ive drilled new holes in bothe these mounts

View attachment 263182
Also limitless front tower mounted on the rear looks awsome imo..more low profile look
show me side view then :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back