Typhon Diffs Oils for Arrma Typhon and Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Nasser

Reaction score
Please help me out here,
Im very new the Hobby and managed to get my myself 2 typhons 6s and 1 kraton 6s
I want to know the best diff oils for each car when changing.
the V4 6s Typhon will be used for mainly on the road with street tyres and high speed gearing ( 20t)
the v5 6s Typhon will be used for bashing and off road jumps STD Gearing.
the kraton v5 6s will be used as a stunt truck.

Also can I use 800CST oil for the shocks for all the cars as this is what i have at home currently.

What would be the best diff oils to use ( CST Weights) ive seen people re using various CST in each diff. Can I use the same 50 000 - 80 000 CST in all diffs or is it recommended to change it up in each diff.

I do notice when I run the cars on 6s the front wheels balloons and blow out, I want this to stop and give my cars a move even and smooth ride.
What would you guys recommend and does brand matter in these oils. I have access in South Africa to CORE RC Oils.

Thanks

Please help me out here,
Im very new the Hobby and managed to get my myself 2 typhons 6s and 1 kraton 6s
I want to know the best diff oils for each car when changing.
the V4 6s Typhon will be used for mainly on the road with street tyres and high speed gearing ( 20t)
the v5 6s Typhon will be used for bashing and off road jumps STD Gearing.
the kraton v5 6s will be used as a stunt truck.

Also can I use 800CST oil for the shocks for all the cars as this is what i have at home currently.

What would be the best diff oils to use ( CST Weights) ive seen people re using various CST in each diff. Can I use the same 50 000 - 80 000 CST in all diffs or is it recommended to change it up in each diff.

I do notice when I run the cars on 6s the front wheels balloons and blow out, I want this to stop and give my cars a move even and smooth ride.
What would you guys recommend and does brand matter in these oils. I have access in South Africa to CORE RC Oils.

Thanks
To keep the fronts from ballooning the solution is to run much heavier fluid in the center, like 500-1millionK or silicon earplugs. If primarily speed running, eliminate the center diff entirely and go with a spool.
For most applications, the rear diff is run open, with approximately half the weight of the front. For example, 60k front, 30k rear.
In my off-road Typhon 6s basher I run 60k/500k/30k (f/c/r) and like it, but others have their own formulas for success. Especially the actual racers here running on-track competitively. They typically use much lighter weights.
For my on-road street basher Typhons I run a center diff with 1-million, front 60k, rear 30k.
The Kraton will most definitely need much heavier center diff fluid than stock for stunting and air control. If the front and rear diffs are the EXB LSD units, most run the front on ”max” and the rear on “min” or converted to open with a plate swap. If they are EXB diffs the weight of the fluid should be much less (for the LSD units) with most people seeming to stay with stock weights.
There are lots of threads here covering this topic by specific chassis and usage. Some prefer different setups than others, but most of the above info seems to be generally agreed upon as a good starting point.
Welcome to the forum!

To keep the fronts from ballooning the solution is to run much heavier fluid in the center, like 500-1millionK or silicon earplugs. If primarily speed running, eliminate the center diff entirely and go with a spool.
For most applications, the rear diff is run open, with approximately half the weight of the front. For example, 60k front, 30k rear.
In my off-road Typhon 6s basher I run 60k/500k/30k (f/c/r) and like it, but others have their own formulas for success. Especially the actual racers here running on-track competitively. They typically use much lighter weights.
For my on-road street basher Typhons I run a center diff with 1-million, front 60k, rear 30k.
The Kraton will most definitely need much heavier center diff fluid than stock for stunting and air control. If the front and rear diffs are the EXB LSD units, most run the front on ”max” and the rear on “min” or converted to open with a plate swap. If they are EXB diffs the weight of the fluid should be much less (for the LSD units) with most people seeming to stay with stock weights.
There are lots of threads here covering this topic by specific chassis and usage. Some prefer different setups than others, but most of the above info seems to be generally agreed upon as a good starting point.
Welcome to the forum!
Thank you for the info. Really helpful.
I was looking at 60k/200k/30k
But il increase the center diff to thicker on all models.
Il post back once done.
Cheers bud.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back