Drowning Mona

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
For those who haven’t seen this movie, I just can’t recommend it highly enough. A comedy with an amazing cast, a fantastic soundtrack, and characters you’ll never forget. And Yugos. Kind of a sleeper, but for anyone with a sense of humor…
I’m not sure how many times I’ve watched it over the years, but if I need a mental “pick-me-up” there is really no substitute.
I think I could do an entire graduate thesis on Jeph’s character alone.
For the love of god, watch this movie. You’ll thank me later.

LOL Never heard of it, but it's on my list now.

Although, it's a shame to destroy so many "classic" cars.
I tried to make a wager with my employer back in the mid ‘90’s. After they stopped selling them the parts stream completely dried up, so fixing them became virtually impossible. I bet him that if I could find a running example, that I would be able to keep it on the road for longer than a year by an Eastern European approach of very resourceful repairs. Think baling wire, duct tape, and low-rent modifications of non standard parts employing a “WWYD?” approach. What would Yuri do? I never found one to purchase, though. I still remain confident that I would have won the wager though and it certainly would have been a lot of fun. Especially if I could have arrived at Lime Rock Park or Watkins Glen with my tools in the back of one to wrench on our clients Porsches at track events. That would have been hilarious.

I tried to make a wager with my employer back in the mid ‘90’s. After they stopped selling them the parts stream completely dried up, so fixing them became virtually impossible. I bet him that if I could find a running example, that I would be able to keep it on the road for longer than a year by an Eastern European approach of very resourceful repairs. Think baling wire, duct tape, and low-rent modifications of non standard parts employing a “WWYD?” approach. What would Yuri do? I never found one to purchase, though. I still remain confident that I would have won the wager though and it certainly would have been a lot of fun. Especially if I could have arrived at Lime Rock Park or Watkins Glen with my tools in the back of one to wrench on our clients Porsches at track events. That would have been hilarious.
You shouldn't show up to work on the cars driving it. Give it some juice, suspension and tires and go tear up the track with it. I've seen stranger things happen.

Watched the movie on the plane ride home. Love all the actors, it was pretty funny and little bit weird.

I think I saw half a dozen cars that were not Yugos, it's amazing that the found that many running and in good condition. Also I didn't know that Kathleen Wilhoite could sing?

Why did she have to die, die, die?
Why did she have to die, die, die,
Why did she have to d d d d d d d die, die?
Oh, Mona Dearley….

Catchy indeed. So freaking funny. I really do love that movie.

Did she have a problems? Yeah she had a personality disorder.
Dude, there are so many hilarious one-liners in that movie you’d need a clicker to keep track.
Bobby: “Jeph, she’s 13!”
Jeph: “Yeah, finally!”
Maybe she OD'ed on ramen.🤷‍♂️
Nah, she swam with the fishes, dug in the dirt…
And one can never consume too much ramen. Just saying. 😊

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back