Fireteam shock bodies V4 or V5?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinC

Flyboy, Cat Hoarder, Tiger Tamer, Party Crasher.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Talion
  8. Talion EXB
Hey Arrma nation.
Anyone know if the Fireteam shock bodies are V4 or V5?
I Want to put on the ZRS shock caps but not sure what M2C product will fit.

cheers,
kev
(dude/bro)

Hey Arrma nation.
Anyone know if the Fireteam shock bodies are V4 or V5?
I Want to put on the ZRS shock caps but not sure what M2C product will fit.

cheers,
kev
(dude/bro)
@KevinC , V3, V4 or V5... was no change, they will fit the FT shocks. There was no change made physically. If you don't plan on running an "Emulsion" shock setup, the ZRS shock caps are a waste IMHO. Unless you are willing to spend Beaucuop coin for the bling factor.... IDK.:unsure: If considering the ZRS pistons ( the Whole Shebang), then maybe it is worth it??? A personal call there. I would rather try using the Typhon TLR Machined Delrin Tapered pistons. Possibly even changing out the whole Bottom shock cartridge with the TLR Delrin spacers and exclusive X-Rings. Using the piston Tapered side down for better rebound control, which is what the ZRS pistons try to emulate, a slower rebound. Better handling shocks. The ZRS Shock caps have a bleeder screw which is only needed for Emulsion setups when bleeding. Bladder type setups don't require Bleeder type shock caps. Only AIr sits above the Bladder. Some have tried using the bleeder to attenuate the amount of air compression that sits above the bladder. I don't that this has any great impact on the shock stroke if any. Some racers have done this withh Bladder setups. Most racers stay with Emulsion however. More finicky to match shock in pairs and stay consistent. But racers ope their shocks very often. As Bashers go, most never touch them until they are damaged or leaking which is rare with 6s shocks.
My TLR Typhon shocks are very plush. Amost like Tekno shocks on my MT410.. An obvious and noticeable difference from the standard 6s line shocks on my other 7 6s arrmas.
My 2 cents.

Last edited:
Thx Steve.
I will do some research on that system.

cheers,
kev

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back