6s SHock - 19mm o-ring ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pierre1111

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
The exploded view shows a 19mm o-ring above the adjuster wheel. I don't see this ring on my two sets of shocks or on any rebuild video.

Is it an optional part that just prevents the adjuster from hitting the top of the shock body and scratching it up?

1712383262796.png

The exploded view shows a 19mm o-ring above the adjuster wheel. I don't see this ring on my two sets of shocks or on any rebuild video.

Is it an optional part that just prevents the adjuster from hitting the top of the shock body and scratching it up?

View attachment 359186

I don't have any o-rings on the Exterior of any of 6S shocks 🤷‍♂️

One less part to worry about.

This is the first time I'm taking a shock apart and just wanted to verify. The LHS didn't have any in stock either. Thanks, just wanted to make sure I was reading the diagram right and wasn't missing something critical.

This is the first time I'm taking a shock apart and just wanted to verify. The LHS didn't have any in stock either. Thanks, just wanted to make sure I was reading the diagram right and wasn't missing something critical.

IF you have that burning itch to make it just like the diagram...

You can get a handful of them metric O-rings at HB >>

Screenshot_20240406-011909.png

View attachment 359186
That o-ring is inset inside AR330514 unless it was damaged and broke off.

You will notice when your adjust your preload collar that adjustment has a little "drag", that's the o-ring. 👍

A-ha! I never took the adjuster all the way off to see inside of it. I always thought the drag was just from dirt inside the threads. Good call, thanks partner!

A-ha! I never took the adjuster all the way off to see inside of it. I always thought the drag was just from dirt inside the threads. Good call, thanks partner!

Me neither..
Never even thought to check and see..

If you buy the metal collars from separately they don't come with the o-rings, that's how I found out.

Back