Fireteam Fireteam steering servo 'problem'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ribka

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Recently i did a bash in an area with hills and mud with some water here and there.

I hit a couple of shallow water puddles and all of a sudden, the steering stopped working. The servo did not have the power to steer left or right!

So i stopped, went home, checked it out and servo didn't get wet, just a little dirty. But the funny thing is, that after getting home and trying it again, all power was back!

So now, everything's fine, but something was up and i can't figure it out. Electronics didn't get wet. The receiver box was watertight.

It's a stock fireteam servo btw.

Any ideas?

Probably a brownout of the servo (peak in pulling too much amps). The stock servo is weak, especially for such a heavy rig, in some (a high resistance) situations it just can't move the tires anymore (pulling a lot of amps).
I went for the DS3230 Pro servo. A lot cheaper, but much better than Armma's stock ADS15 servo.

I always thought the servo was strong and fast enough to do the job, but i guess it isn't. Fast it is, strong it probably isn't.

Will check out that servo!

Thanks!
I actually have this one lying around, the 25 instead of the 30 you mentioned. Don't really think it's fast though. Is the 30 as fast as the stock one?

DS3225.png

Last edited:
I always thought the servo was strong and fast enough to do the job, but i guess it isn't. Fast it is, strong it probably isn't.

Will check out that servo!

Thanks!
I actually have this one lying around, the 25 instead of the 30 you mentioned. Don't really think it's fast though. Is the 30 as fast as the stock one?

View attachment 296684
I'm not sure how fast the stock one is as I always replace the stock one out of the box. I also have tried that 25KG one, but the 30PRO is stronger and faster.
That 25KG is stronger than stock.

According to the data of the servo's (there is no data for 6.0v):

DS3225: 28KG@ 6.8v / [email protected]
DS3230 Pro: [email protected] / [email protected]

BUT WAIT! Now that i'm typing this, the stock Fireteam system runs on 7.4v. I'm not sure how those 6.8v servo's like 7.4v. But you can change the BEC setting on the stock esc from 7.4v to 6.0v.

FYI: I'm running on 6.0v on the Max6 esc.

I'm not sure how fast the stock one is as I always replace the stock one out of the box. I also have tried that 25KG one, but the 30PRO is stronger and faster.
That 25KG is stronger than stock.

According to the data of the servo's (there is no data for 6.0v):

DS3225: 28KG@ 6.8v / [email protected]
DS3230 Pro: [email protected] / [email protected]

BUT WAIT! Now that i'm typing this, the stock Fireteam system runs on 7.4v. I'm not sure how those 6.8v servo's like 7.4v. But you can change the BEC setting on the stock esc from 7.4v to 6.0v.

FYI: I'm running on 6.0v on the Max6 esc.

Well, the stock servo is quite fast, don't know the specifics, but faster than the DS25.

Actually i burnt the stock ESC and replaced it with Max6

Well, the stock servo is quite fast, don't know the specifics, but faster than the DS25.

Actually i burnt the stock ESC and replaced it with Max6
If you’re running a Max 6 then I think you can safely eliminate the brownout theory. It has a very good internal switch mode BEC and I’ve used it while running some beastly, amp-hogging servos with no problems at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back