For Sale For those offering LiPos for sale, either separately or with a vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Infraction 4x4
For those folks offering to sell LiPos along with vehicles for sale, here are a few things to think about:

1) DOT considers LiPos and Li-ion batteries to be hazardous material that requires special packaging, labeling, and handling. If you have ever bought LiPos, cell phones, tablets, or notebook computers online you probably saw a special hazardous material label on the box.

2) When shipping LiPos or Li-ion batteries, you must package and label them in accordance with the link below.

https://www.smithcorona.com/blog/2023-guide-to-lithium-battery-labels/

3) LiPos can't be sent in any manner that requires them to travel any part of the journey via a passenger aircraft. USPS often uses passenger airplanes for Priority Mail, so lithium batteries can't be sent via Priority Mail (they will be sent via ground). UPS and FedEx are likely to use their own cargo planes, and different rules apply to them (refer to the link).

4) In case you decide to try and trick the system and don't declare the batteries in the package, be aware that you can be held legally liable for any damage or injury caused by the improper shipping and labeling of lithium batteries. It's not worth taking a chance.

This prob shouldn't be posted as a 'For sale'. maybe just general chaos?
I think he is referring to the shipment of lipo batteries with a model is all. Makes sense to me. If you mail a rig, then mail the batteries separately. Just to be in compliance with the shipping laws. :cool:. It is just a safety reminder. Good you, @morrjr71.

Last edited:
Huh, I must be living on the edge, I've sold and shipped a bunch of lipos with vehicles.... "I too prefer to live dangerously"(preferably read in the tone of Austin Powers)

This prob shouldn't be posted as a 'For sale'. maybe just general chaos?
I felt it best to post where I did so prospective sellers would see it. It could get lost amongst the General Chaos posts. I just wanted to get the word out there.

Back