Gorgon Gorgon wheelie bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee82gx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
20240128_102844777_iOS.jpeg

20240128_102839948_iOS.jpeg

Got my Gorgon today, yay!

First few mods - Changed the EC3 connectors to XT60 - Who uses EC3, seriously?

Next item, installed a wheelie bar from my local ecommerce (some kind of HSP brand), it looks weird but hey it fits, barely. In my parts of the world I got it for $4 shipped.

Had a quick shakedown with 2s Lipo, the kit appears light and nimble, 2 words I never knew I'd use on a Monster truck. 2WD feels fun, but smooth surfaces are not friendly to the Gorgon Medusaaa
I can't easily lift up the front end even on Lipo, so next week I will throw a 3S Brushless 3700kv 3660 I already have, can't wait!

Last edited:
View attachment 345247
View attachment 345248
Got my Gorgon today, yay!

First few mods - Changed the EC3 connectors to XT60 - Who uses EC3, seriously?

Next item, installed a wheelie bar from, it looks weird but hey it fits, barely. In my parts of the world I got it for $4 shipped.

Had a quick shakedown with 2s Lipo, the kit appears light and nimble, 2 words I never knew I'd use on a Monster truck. 2WD feels fun, but smooth surfaces are not friendly to the Gorgon Medusaaa
I can't easily lift up the front end even on Lipo, so next week I will throw a 3S Brushless 3700kv 3660 I already have, can't wait!
That's super slick! I have the Arrma wheelie bar on my Gorgon & it's not great. Where'd you find that? It's cool!
I have a 3500kv 3660 on mine & it's fun! I wished I had gone with a 3700 or 3900.

Last edited:
That's super slick! I have the Arrma wheelie bar on my Gorgon & it's not great. Where'd you find that? It's cool!
I have a 3500kv 3660 on mine & it's fun! I wished I had gone with a 3700 or 3900.

Amazon Link

What pinion are you using on your 3500kv? I think there is negligible difference between 3500 and 3900kv, you can just gear up or down. Do you run 3s or 2s?

May I know what’s wrong with the OEM Arrma wheelie bar? I’d have gone for that if not for the cost (easily $20) here…

Last edited:
https://www.amazon.com/Sugoyi-Wheelie-Durable-Accessory-94108/dp/B08GFBMS3P

What pinion are you using on your 3500kv? I think there is negligible difference between 3500 and 3900kv, you can just gear up or down. Do you run 3s or 2s?

May I know what’s wrong with the OEM Arrma wheelie bar? I’d have gone for that if not for the cost (easily $20) here…
The stock 11t pinion & 2s. The Arrma bar justs sits so low to the ground & it will wheelie so easy that the wheelie bar hits quick & it bounces off the tires, losing traction. If it were just a little raked up more, (& not drag the grass too not wheeling) think it would help but without cutting & testing I'm not sure. Just an observation. But I'm probably going to try modifying it 1st. I was maybe thinking of flipping it over & cutting it to do that but it looks like the little tires won't drag right & the bar would hit 1st. I may try the one you have later on. 👍

Update, it broke on my first jump and landing on the butt. Back to drawing board. I have a 3700kv on 3s and it does not appear to be enough to control the tilt and attitude in the air. Small jump, 4-5ft from the air at most.

The body is also very weak.

Update, it broke on my first jump and landing on the butt. Back to drawing board. I have a 3700kv on 3s and it does not appear to be enough to control the tilt and attitude in the air. Small jump, 4-5ft from the air at most.

Yeah reinforcing the body is a must. Its pvc no polycarbonate and costs an arm to replace because arrma wants you to buy it with all the stupid colours. Buy the 3s v1 wheelie bar who is adjustable its 8$

Body is weak. Mine busted up so I did this.

20240125_163542.jpg

20240125_163455.jpg

This is just sick! LOVE ITTTT! hey btw do you land on the butt too ? I mean does it break your wheelie bar?
Thank you. Oh yeah I've landed it on the rear & back a lot. Thats how the body got cracked & busted up on the rear upper corners, which led me to do that to it. Haven't broken the wheelie bar, yet.

Thank you. Oh yeah I've landed it on the rear & back a lot. Thats how the body got cracked & busted up on the rear upper corners, which led me to do that to it. Haven't broken the wheelie bar, yet.
sweet, I'm gonna bite the bullet and order the wheelie bar. JennysRC saves the day again.

Thanx! I'm planning to model my own for 3dprint and wanted to use the dimensions of the standard model as a base
Just fyi I found that the standard wheelie bar a lot more robust than the blue one I tried. Looking forward to see your results. If you need help in 3d modelling....I happen to "know a guy" who can do it for free.

I know a guy like that too (that's me :) ).
A result of modelling. I want to print arms of TPU because I need flexibility when landing on the willybar. In the model I decided to make a wide wheel, because I ride mostly on the ground and the wheel should not cling soft ground

model.png

I know a guy like that too (that's me :) ).
A result of modelling. I want to print arms of TPU because I need flexibility when landing on the willybar. In the model I decided to make a wide wheel, because I ride mostly on the ground and the wheel should not cling soft ground

View attachment 358409
Only one way to find out!

Back