Granite Granite 4x4 550 Mega ESC cracked mount and questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wscato

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My son received some gift cards to the LHS and we went yesterday and I let him purchase the Granite 4x4 550 Mega. This is the first nice RC truck we have had. He has been running it and did some jumps that I thought were within normal, nothing extreme like I have seen in Youtube videos. Anyways, we were cleaning it today and I noticed on the inner mounting bracket of the ESC is fully cracked and the ESC slightly moves. The other side is fine. I took the screw out and removed the piece and then put the piece back and put the screw back in and it is holding the piece and mount.

Will it be fine to run it this way or does anyone have a suggestion on how to repair? Or should I replace it?

Also, the green light never comes on the wall charger for the batteries? Is this normal or a bad one. It charges the batteries. Just no indication of completion. I have already purchased a Dynamite 50W one but would like to have a functioning brick in case of a jam.

My son has owned this one day and was just wondering if this was normal. Went to the shop to look at a Traxxas but the employee's and an ARRMA rep that was onsite steered us towards this model and the rep gave us a discount coupon which made it cheaper than the Traxxas.

Thanks!

I also recently purchased one but from reviews I’ve watched the wall charger works but since it’s a 0.5a charger it takes hours to charge the battery it came with. For the esc I would use ca glue, tire glue, or any other super glue you have and try to glue the mounting bracket back onto the esc. Or just use double sided tape and tape it to the esc mount. But if you want to keep the warranty on it I also recommend using the warranty and replacing the esc or if you are not in a hurry to drive it.

I've never used the stock charger, but I can give it a try and let you know.

You could try to contact HH about a warranty on the ESC, but in the mean time I would just double sided tape it in place and then screw it down, should be fine.

I've never used the stock charger, but I can give it a try and let you know.

You could try to contact HH about a warranty on the ESC, but in the mean time I would just double sided tape it in place and then screw it down, should be fine.
I've confirmed that the light should turn green when the charging is complete, assuming we are using the same charger. Here is the info on the underside of mine:
1609159462160.png

Back