Senton Noob got 15 minutes out of SENTON 4X4 V3 MEGA 550

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremynyc

Reaction score
Is this to be expected? (It’s fully stock)

I’m an absolute noob, and drove it pretty hard for 15ish (super fun) minutes before it conked out. I’ve power cycled it a few times and let it cool for 15 minutes, but it still only goes about ten feet before conking out again.

Is that about how long the battery should last? Am I just expecting cool down to happen more quickly than it actually does?

(Was on grass and dirt, if that matters. Doesn’t look like there’s anything jammed in anywhere that matters. Waited another ten minutes, changed the batteries on the transmitter, and tried it while holding it. Only revived for a few seconds and then stopped.)

Last edited:
Yes, that’s normal. Do not keep trying to run it after LVC (low voltage cutoff) because the LiPo should not be over discharged. It’s doing what it’s supposed to do. Storage charge it if putting it away, or fully charge it again for more fun.
The higher the MaH rating on the LiPo the longer the run time.
Welcome to the forum.

Howdy Jeremy! Welcome to the forum. It's a MEGA with NiMH battery, then 15mins is what they do. They do get hot, yes. You could get a 2nd battery to bash longer & have both charged ready to go. Don't plug a hot battery up again to charge. Has to completely cool 1st.

Welcome! You're doing good if it's just the battery dying after 15 mins. I thought that brushed motor in there took a dump on you after just your first run.

Agreed.

That 550 motor won't last all that long iF @jeremynyc likes blast that throttle at 100% for the whole 10-15 minutes..

You need to go Brushless system and Lipo batteries to get More ripping time.

Great. Thanks so much , y’all!

Is there a good FAQ for me to learn more about battery types and battery care? I’d love to learn more about “storage charge” and the benefits of switching battery types, as well as what I’d need to test the voltage.

Again, thanks so much for warm welcome!

Agreed.

That 550 motor won't last all that long iF @jeremynyc likes blast that throttle at 100% for the whole 10-15 minutes..

You need to go Brushless system and Lipo batteries to get More ripping time.
When you say the motor won’t last that long, do you mean that I’ll burn it out or that I’ll overheat it?

yea... Its reach LVC. don't push & run by switch on again. it will damaging ur battery. long term doing it will cause it to puff & degrade ur pack faster especially low quality & soft case lipos.

When you say the motor won’t last that long, do you mean that I’ll burn it out or that I’ll overheat it?

The brushed 550 motors will burn out from just the bashing you'll give it.
That whimpy motor just not able to take this kind of constant abuse..
And yes, it will overheat ..which will shorten its life even quicker.

Is there a good FAQ for me to learn more about battery types and battery care? I’d love to learn more about “storage charge” and the benefits of switching battery types, as well as what I’d need to test the voltage.

Take a look here >>
https://www.arrmaforum.com/forums/arrma-electronics/

The top 7 pinned topic threads will give you just about All you ever want to know about Lipo battery usage and care.

And,
If you have even more free time...
Want to read about Lipo Fire Safety, go here >>
(Scroll down a little bit on Post#1 to-
Lipo Battery Safety: )

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/tex-koder-table-of-contents.52775/

Make a pot of coffee...
You'll be reading awhile.. 🤣

Last edited:

Again, thanks so much for warm welcome!

This site has everything you ever need to know about LiPo batteries:

https://www.youtube.com/@RCexplained/search?query=lipo

Welcome, Jeremy!

Family Fam GIF by Paramount Network

Back