GRP tires for Infraction 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m new to GRP tires. I want something that will wear less than white label Hoons. What compound should I be looking for to put on my Infraction 6s that will be run primarily on smooth asphalt?
I use s7 and I think s5 I'm at work now but I'll check what they are when I leave.

Sorry .had these on my phone gallery.my lime yellow ones are s5 my white ones are s 7

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230517-213038.png
    Screenshot_20230517-213038.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20230517-212948.png
    Screenshot_20230517-212948.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20230517-213004.png
    Screenshot_20230517-213004.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20230517-213015.png
    Screenshot_20230517-213015.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I’m new to GRP tires. I want something that will wear less than white label Hoons. What compound should I be looking for to put on my Infraction 6s that will be run primarily on smooth asphalt?
S7, but you will likely want to turn the timing way down on the ESC. 22 degrees on Hoons is manageable, 22 degrees on GRPs is going to result in extremely hot ESC and Motor.

S7s are good for between 5 to 10 packs depending on your driving style . If your more a 8s Hoon Monster West Oz RC Vipaz .( not for speed passes )

Sub'd. New Infraction 6s owner here. I'll need this info. Have I seen the solid tires somewhere you can mount on Hoons rims after the tire is worn down?

S7, but you will likely want to turn the timing way down on the ESC. 22 degrees on Hoons is manageable, 22 degrees on GRPs is going to result in extremely hot ESC and Motor.
I have my timing turned down to 15 degrees to keep temps down. If I get GRPs, I’ll watch the temps and change timing if necessary.

GRPs would be best. The higher the tire number (S7 or XM7) the harder the rubber.

Harder tires last longer than soft, similar to Hoons silver (hard), medium (white) and soft (gold)

@slow rc mike has a discount code for hobby heroes on GRP tires too

I have my timing turned down to 15 degrees to keep temps down. If I get GRPs, I’ll watch the temps and change timing if necessary.
I've had the v2 model since 2020. I love that rig.

Yes, the timing down to 15-deg does not need to be as high as the stock. I cannot feel a difference in performance, but the temps are better.

Hell, I'm a hooning fool with my Infraction just drifting and sliding. I used GRP & Hoons to get 2x runs on them and rotated them between runs. 7-9min on a battery pack...I'm a full-throttle fool. With those same tires starting as a newbie, I could get 4 to 5 runs until I got comfortable with the full power drift slides.

Here in the HOT south of the US. S7 white ALL day. I need the rigid (hard) rim of the white; the tire flexes too much with the other colors . I'd love to get different colors, but with my style, I cannot.

I usually do not bash it in the winter and fall. It runs best when the ground is warm, and the tires get good and sticky. I ran an S5 during cooler times and have an S3 I have yet to try for even cooler days. Again, with the cooler asphalt, even after warming the tires, it does not stick the same as in hotter months.

I do want to try these two:
  • New Tires PowerHobby Beast >>> edit: want to try
  • Tires Choons
  • Brad Amain hobby tire testing video
I got the Choons this fall, so I am curious to see how this cheaper tire does.

Last edited:
I've had the v2 model since 2020. I love that rig.

Yes, the timing down to 15-deg does not need to be as high as the stock. I cannot feel a difference in performance, but the temps are better.

Hell, I'm a hooning fool with my Infraction just drifting and sliding. I used GRP & Hoons to get 2x runs on them and rotated them between runs. 7-9min on a battery pack...I'm a full-throttle fool. With those same tires starting as a newbie, I could get 4 to 5 runs until I got comfortable with the full power drift slides.

Here in the HOT south of the US. S7 white ALL day. I need the rigid (hard) rim of the white; the tire flexes too much with the other colors . I'd love to get different colors, but with my style, I cannot.

I usually do not bash it in the winter and fall. It runs best when the ground is warm, and the tires get good and sticky. I ran an S5 during cooler times and have an S3 I have yet to try for even cooler days. Again, with the cooler asphalt, even after warming the tires, it does not stick the same as in hotter months.

I do want to try these two:
  • New Tires PowerHobby Beast >>> edit: want to try
  • Tires Choons
  • Brad Amain hobby tire testing video
I got the Choons this fall, so I am curious to see how this cheaper tire does.
Thanks for the info about the white wheels: I didn't realize there was a difference in hardness between the wheel colors. I don't run my road vehicles hard: I might not notice the difference, but it's something to keep in mind.

I've only had my V2 for a couple of weeks, and I'm just trying it out to see what it does in cooler weather. I expect to get more serious about trying other tires when the weather gets a bit warmer: I'm currently looking to the more experienced folks for recommendations before I invest a lot of money into tires.

XM7s are good, but arguably still a bit too sticky haha.
Right time and season very sticky is good if you bash at full throttle allows you to hook and come out those slides in the direction you are aiming for and not spin out. Those plus a hot asphalt ground is our joy! Looking forward to summer for that alone so different in the cooler seasons

I wanted to have a set of tires on hand when the OEM Hoons white tires on my Infraction 6s wear out, so I just ordered a set of four GRP GTX03-XM7 tires for $43.95. I will probably try them when they arrive.
I think you are aware of this since you are asking questions early. I missed it or did not ask. I fought to find the right tire as I tested through the year, and it did hit me how each tire performs based on the ground temperature. Some posted to burnout and warm the tires up, although warm if the ground was not right it behaved differently for me. I then gauged my winter/cooler performance and warmer season separately with each tire set.

Keep in mind if you are soft on the throttle and just running it up and down, no worries, disregard it. I get 7-9min out of a battery set and tires are done after 1.5 runs. I juice full throttle the full run turns, slides, sprints up/down hook and turn, etc. I push it hard, 7min strong tire showing threads, and not all bash the same way.

Last edited:
Back